Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance - To Lock or not TO Lock

Options
  • 12-07-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

When using temp Control do you lock in the resistance ?

I always did until I watched a review recently from Mr Busardo in which he states that he doesn't lock it in . I notice that the coolfire IV TC100 doesn't even have the ability to lock it in so I tried doing ( or not doing as the case may be ) the same with my cuboid and it seems to work better for my Kayfun V5 that way .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't use TC very much, but when I do I often forget to lock it in, doesn't seem to make any difference tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Makes a big difference on the joyetech chips. That said, they are complete rubbish at TC compared to the coolfire.

I think on the coolfire when it asks is it a new coil, and you select any option other than 'same', that it sort of locks itself. It was very rare that I saw the reading change even during chain vaping. And the change was very small.

I found on the joyetech chips, (even though you should lock the temp at room temp), that they performed best when pulsed a few times to slightly heat them up, then lock. Until they decided to lock at a different resistance after a little while.....

I don't normally lock it on my DNA devices, the odd time if things start going a little strange I lock it for a while. They are constantly monitoring the resistance though, using the coil temp and the chip temp to work it out when you fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

moleyv wrote:
    I don't normally lock it on my DNA devices, the odd time if things start going a little strange I lock it for a while. They are constantly monitoring the resistance though, using the coil temp and the chip temp to work it out when you fire.

Saying that :v ....

My my first build on my aromamiser supreme just there, I had to lock the resistance on the dna200.

I think maybe it matters more on lower ohm builds.

If you are upping the temp and nothing is happening, it might be time to lock.

I'd say really, do whatever works for you, different builds, different devices.

Advertisement