Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a GoPro Hero... Now what??

Options
  • 12-07-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi

Got a GoPro as present from the kids. Used it on Bike recently and watched it on the computer to see the quality etc... It looked great

Want to use it more this week as I am on holidays and so hope to capture walking on beach, eating out ... And just messing about

My problem is what software do I need to

1. Pull out the odd 'still' that I would like to send on my text or email
    2. Add a soundtrack etc for my cycling clips
    3. Prepare a clip for You Tube

Sorry... Complete newbie here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

I'm assuming you are on Windows?

I have no experience on Windows with software... on a Mac, I just used the bundled software which was more than sufficient.

I'd imagine if it's just simple stuff like you mention than any open source stuff or bundled software with Windows might do be good enough.

Try this maybe? Or even search on YouTube for your specific Operating System and version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Get Garmin Virb (If you have Garmin)
    allows you to add data overlays (speed cadence, Heart rate time date)
    Example: https://youtu.be/hA9m7w3341g

There's also the Free GoPro App which allows you to edit your video's :
    https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/softwareandapp/gopro-app-%7C-desktop/GoPro-Desktop-App.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Post every indescretion that you encounter with other road users onto the internet. No matter how small. Best if you use slow motion edits with big fonts and arrows pointing out stuff. Internet gold right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

And do a long sportive and spend Christmas Day with your family watching all 7 hours of it. :D

(Maybe edit out the ... natural breaks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Get Garmin Virb (If you have Garmin)
    allows you to add data overlays (speed cadence, Heart rate time date)
    Example: https://youtu.be/hA9m7w3341g

There's also the Free GoPro App which allows you to edit your video's :
    https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/softwareandapp/gopro-app-%7C-desktop/GoPro-Desktop-App.html

Go Pro does as well but not with Garmin data its Polar enabled

sconhome wrote: »

Video wont play..not sure what you mean by: "Go Pro does as well but not with Garmin data its Polar enabled" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fixed youtube link.

Video wont play..not sure what you mean by: "Go Pro does as well but not with Garmin data its Polar enabled" ??

The Virb only uses Garmin or ANT+ data the GoPro will only use Polar data to overlay. Two different systems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

YouTube's own video editor will allow you to add music and some other effects. The VLC player software is good for saving screen images.

• Advertisement

The Virb only uses Garmin or ANT+ data the GoPro will only use Polar data to overlay. Two different systems.

?? eh OK...

I use a GoPro Hero2 camera and a GoPro Hero session camera. I download the MP4 files to my PC and edit them with Garmin Virb Software. I also use Adobe Premier to edit, add title, soundtracks etc.

In Garmin Virb i import the MP4 video and the GPX file from my Garmin edge 810. The GPX file provides the Data for the overlays.

?? eh OK...

I use a GoPro Hero2 camera and a GoPro Hero session camera. I download the MP4 files to my PC and edit them with Garmin Virb Software. I also use Adobe Premier to edit, add title, soundtracks etc.

My point is, if you have a Garmin Virb and a Garmin watch you don't have to download anything, the data is overlaid when you record the video clip. No post edit required to add data in.

The same happens with GoPro and Polar without having to download, import and edit.

My point is, if you have a Garmin Virb and a Garmin watch you don't have to download anything, the data is overlaid when you record the video clip. No post edit required to add data in.

The same happens with GoPro and Polar without having to download, import and edit.

Ah Ok...but the OP has a GoPro (not sure which one) and is looking for info on editing.

Yep, sorry my bad for heading off topic a bit on the data overlays.

Youtubes own editor is probably the easiest to use. At least there is a source of copyright free music there too.

Yep, sorry my bad for heading off topic a bit on the data overlays.

Youtubes own editor is probably the easiest to use. At least there is a source of copyright free music there too.

You can use Copyrighted music on Youtube.

once you've chosen your music check here:

https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

It will tell you what restrictions apply.

Advertisement