Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In your opinion what is the most beautiful place in Mayo.

• 12-07-2016 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭

I have quite a few. I have a secret spot that I call the Edge of Ireland, it is on one of our coastal cliffs, I will not share that one.
    The one I will share is the flat after you go over the shoulder of the reek, you come to about a .5 of a Kilometer of flat gravel before you start the ascent proper.
    This in my option is where I find solace, if you are climbing and are lucky enough that no one else is there then this is truly spiritual.
    What is yours ? Don't say the back of me arse (lol)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I've a few:
    - Downpatrick Head
    - Keel when the morning sun is fighting through the fog, the cliffs are breathtaking
    - Deserted Famine Village at Slievemore when you have it to yourself
    - Moore Hall in the early evening
    - The drive from Louisburgh out around the Rock/Sheefry and either coming out at the falls or coming through over the Maum into Drummin. Desolate but intriguing.

Mayo is such a large diverse county there are literally hundreds of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Mayo can only claim half the credit, but Lough Nafooey is absolutely stunning.

Killary harbour is also a gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the atlantic drive (the origanl one) achill when the winter sun is setting over the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Its got to be here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looking out from the front of Lisloughrey down over Lough Corrib.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Here

Approaching Westport on a clear day. can see the reek and clare island. lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Keem Bay in Achill. Lovely place to relax:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

losts of great ones here i know them all and i love them all but for me its that spot on the road from from lousiburg to lenanne where mayo and heaven meet.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.663444,-9.7752192,3a,75y,144.76h,85.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seb8fQx9kMqsUzzVjNGJGdQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

farmchoice wrote: »
    losts of great ones here i know them all and i love them all but for me its that spot on the road from from lousiburg to lenanne where mayo and heaven meet.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.663444,-9.7752192,3a,75y,144.76h,85.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seb8fQx9kMqsUzzVjNGJGdQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Drove this yesterday and indeed it is fantastic, been a long time since I was out this way. Some amount of rental cars, walkers and cyclists enjoying the weather. Some scenery indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Drove this yesterday and indeed it is fantastic, been a long time since I was out this way. Some amount of rental cars, walkers and cyclists enjoying the weather. Some scenery indeed.

Rental cars, walkers and cyclist are in big number during the summer.
    Drive there during the winter, and you'll be lucky to see any living creature at all (including the sheep).

• Advertisement
Advertisement