Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Bodyboard

• 12-07-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I know this is the Surfing forum but I'm wondering if I could get some advice on buying a bodyboard?

This bodyboard was recommended to me.

I would like to know if I can get something similar from this website Surf Dome

I am a beginner but would like something decent with the same specs if possible (preferably sub-€100).

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I can try to take a quick look for you later this evening,but when you say "recommended", what was that recommendation based on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I've a sting battail,it has a suryln slick 42 inch board...
    Very good for starting off...
    I'd give it to you for a good price..
    I'm based in Clare

Actually that board they suggested is bang on,great value for money if you're starting out.
    Stealth Ryan Hardy fins would go well with that board.
    It has great buoyancy,it'll keep you afloat if you're in difficulty or get a heavy wipeout it'll bring you up fairly fast....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Sorry guys, didn't see your replies. I ended up buying the board I mentioned in the OP. I really like it and my friends have been admiring it.

I think it might be slightly too big for me though? I got the 41" as I'm 5'7" and weigh 54kg so according to the charts the 41" is the perfect size. But I have long legs and body is shorter. I tried out my friend's 40" and that seemed easier to grab.
    It's not a big deal as for now I'm only learning.
    How do you know it's the right size? I thought it was when you stood up, it goes to your bellybutton?
    Or is it when you place the board below hips and grab the nose?

I was still able to catch some great waves with it - maybe I'll only notice the difference when I progress?

• Advertisement

Where are you catching those great waves ?
    Well done.

A few beach breaks headlands and pointbreaks will be firing up on Sunday I'm told,dangerous spots if you're only beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi folks. Looking to get back in the water after a prolonged absence, and thinking of picking up a bodyboard.

I had one before, but sold it a few years back.

Mainly goofed around on longboards on and off.

I'm hitting 40, about 6ft 2, and around 93 KG. Could do with losing a few kilos too, so working on it!! So, buoyancy will be my aim :) .

Will more than likely be hitting for Clare mainly. I'm aware of breaks etc along the coast, and have a good idea of what would be within my limits in terms of ability and safety.

I'll probably have to pick up some fins too.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

What size feet are you?  I have a pair of fins that are tight on me with socks on, i'm a size 9 so if you were an 8 they would be dead on, yours for free if you are able to pickup or pay the postage.

Similar to these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Liam_D wrote: »
    What size feet are you?  I have a pair of fins that are tight on me with socks on, i'm a size 9 so if you were an 8 they would be dead on, yours for free if you are able to pickup or pay the postage.

Similar to these

Size 10 in a shoe / 11 in a trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Sublime79

Hey all,

Hoping for some advice along same lines as others on here - thinking of getting a bodyboard to try out over summer. Have not had one before so something for a newbie - nothing to pricey, mid-range so that it is usable for a beginner. Feel free to post any links here to where I can get them online. I'm 6'2 and about 86 kg. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement