Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Protection Violation

Options
  • 12-07-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Team @ ElectricIreland, 

A couple of years ago I withdrew permission for anyone at your company to contact me by telephone, requesting that you communicate via email or post instead.  My reason was I found get very pushy people calling me and interrupting me at inappropriate times.

A few months ago, I contacted you and was asked to provide details to PROVE MY IDENTITY ONLY.  I cited my telephone number along with my date of birth and address for this purpose only. 

Then very quickly, I started getting calls to my number and the first one I received, I clearly informed the person calling, I had withdrawn permission for Electric Ireland to use my number at all.  However, the calls persist and moreover, you haven't bothered to email me.

Please can you provide me with a written explanation as to: 

1) Why you are using data provided for the purpose of identity validation only to call me and text me without my authorisation? 

2) Why you are sending me text messages to a number I withdrew permission from? Including ads and messages using words like urgent and important. 

Please tell me the name of your data protection controller so I can pursue this properly. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi turbot,

Thank you for getting in touch. We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

We would require the account details in question to look into your query further for you, if you could please private message any of us reps the Electric Ireland account number in question, state that you are the account-holder, your address and your date of birth.

data.protection@electricireland.ie is the contact email address as per your request.

We are here on Social Media (Boards, Facebook and Twitter) until 6pm and we will be able to respond to your private message either this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Una

________

Advertisement