Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The importance of a relevant company name.

Options
  • 12-07-2016 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

As the title says, how important is a company name, if the said company deals mainly with single, one time buyers. Is the website addy more important. I ask as I have one name in the process of being registered but my main line of sales will probably be from a line that is in no way related to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As with all things it really depends. Depends on the industry depends on the type of company you want to be or think it will become and the type of impression you want it to achieve. You can have really good company names that have no relevance to the trade the company is involved in and you can have really bad ones that damage the company. The important thing is that its going to be a name people are going to remember and these days a name people are going to be able to spell well enough in google to find you after they have heard and not seen the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm tempted to go back to the cro and register a new name and have 2 separate entities. What I'm selling is small and cheap, but in high quantities. I see it though as the company name being background information while the website is what people will really see. I'm new to this all (selling formally, that is) but for the sake of 20e I may just register.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Although catchy, I'm just not seeing HairySlug as being a good choice !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm tempted to go back to the cro and register a new name and have 2 separate entities. What I'm selling is small and cheap, but in high quantities. I see it though as the company name being background information while the website is what people will really see. I'm new to this all (selling formally, that is) but for the sake of 20e I may just register.

If its high volume I am guessing its competitive so anything that can help you online is probably worth doing.

Advertisement