Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with returning Tri Gear to Wiggle

Options
  • 12-07-2016 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but the majority of people that use Wiggle would be in here reading threads.

I purchased a good wetsuit from Wiggle at the start of June and after one race (HOTW) noticed a number of holes starting to appear.

I got onto Wiggle Support and sent them pictures and they asked me to send it back registered and it was delivered the following day to the Dublin address.

I know it might take another few days to get from there to the UK, but we are coming up to two weeks since it was delivered and Wiggle can't even tell me if they received it yet. It is basically lost. I am down €700+ as I had to buy the same wetsuit from them again as there was only one left in stock and take a refund as opposed to an exchange.

Anyone else having issues like this with Wiggle at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

What do you mean holes?

Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wackoy2k

I found two small tears along the seam as well as tape coming off seams and also the start of another rip along the front of the suit on the outside.
    Hole 1.JPG

Hole 2.JPG

Tape coming off.JPG

Rip on Outside.JPG

There should be no issue getting a full refund on that suit. All of that is warranty problems, it is not from mishandling of any kind.

Out of curiousity what suit is it?

It is the Huub Archimedes II 4:4, a lovely suit to swim in. Really comfortable compared to the last one I was using (Rocket Science).

It seems the suit might have gone missing though as Wiggle are saying they never got it but An Post Tracking says it was delivered two weeks ago :-)

Funny I met a lad this summer with a different suit begins with P and ends with X which was ruined after the first swim, layers delaminated and split and it was allegedly your suit out of a different door in the factory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Definitely looks warranty issue. Did you pay by CC and have any way of forcing a refund through them? Ive the same suit, unused in a year now :( Lovely suit, doesnt feel like im actually wearing s suit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Are HUUB suits known for been fragile? I've no experience with them but have seen a few in the club that got them recently and seem to be knicks and little cuts all over them, no idea if it's them putting on the suit though. Just wondering.

I had to buy a replacement suit from wiggle as they wouldnt do an exchange as stock was so low they could be gone by the time the replacement was processed. Which means I have pretty much bought two of them now.

The new suit is perfect, no issues and have worn it a few times. I even followed the plastic bag tips on the Huub website with the first suit which meant been put on with no issues or dragging.

I was told by a mate that swore by the suit that they are very soft and light which I agree with but the suit comes off so smoothly after a swim that it couldn't have ripped then either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

joey100 wrote: »
    Are HUUB suits known for been fragile? I've no experience with them but have seen a few in the club that got them recently and seem to be knicks and little cuts all over them, no idea if it's them putting on the suit though. Just wondering.

its a two way problem. 2 guys that got the huub are brutes and would ruin everthing ;-) adn at least for one of the guys this is prob the fastest suit they can wear ( as you can see in his swim split and you know he cant swim ;-)
    but yes like the TYR cat 5 they do get nicks easily. but there is many people that have no nicks in the tyr cat 5
    fact is the top end stuff some suits use is quite fragile.
    i would consider them race only suits.
    which is just as well as in training I would use a warmer wetsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Thanks Peter. Like I said I have no experience with the suit and I haven't seen the lads putting them on but I'd guess some of the marks are from that alright. When someone can put on a suit quicker than they can take it off it's probably safe to think there is something there.

Suppose that's the payoff for flexibility in a suit, they become more fragile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i think there is a balance some wetsuits achieve felxibility by very good design and using slighlty less sophisitcated material.
    ( at least for those with not super inlfexible and wide shoulders)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

The issue is not the quality of the suit .. But how he gets his money back ..
    Again as someone said if your getting no joy the credit card company will step in if u paid by credit card ..
    It has happened to me before .. And I got my refund fairly rapid when the credit card people talk to them

The refund was finally sorted with Wiggle. There were no issues when the suit got to them. It appears the delay was getting the returned suit from the Dublin returns depot to the wiggle office in the UK. Processed pretty swiftly once it made its way to them. The new HUUB suit is working away fine after a few swims and got their long sleeve Trisuit earlier this week after a bit of a wait. Really comfortable suit compared the club suit I am currently wearing.

Advertisement