Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's Hen Party

Options
  • 12-07-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I have an 80's Hen party to attend soon.
    I really don't want to go all tacky with neon bracelets and crazy stuff.
    Can anyone suggest an outfit to wear that is 80's style but just doesn't look cheap or tacky.. really appreciate the help!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What kind of clothes do you usually wear?

You might feel a bit silly on the night if you wear a really nice but serious outfit and everyone else is dressed in something fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

emzers wrote: »
    Hi, I have an 80's Hen party to attend soon.
    I really don't want to go all tacky with neon bracelets and crazy stuff.
    Can anyone suggest an outfit to wear that is 80's style but just doesn't look cheap or tacky.. really appreciate the help!! :)

I'd say you'll be alone if you go the non-tacky route but why not go in a power suit a la Maggie Thatcher or something? Even high waisted jeans and a big blousy shirt would work. Your accessories will make or break it. Get big plastic framed glasses and give yourself big hair. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Try sequins, net tights (preferably with some sort of a pattern) and courts. Big shoulders and a hat are good addition. Tux jackets were around then too. (OK this one much not satisfy not cheap and tacky condition).

Or you could try jumpsuit clinched at waist with wide belt and big shoulder pads added to it.

Maybe check movies like Working Girl for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emzers

Thanks all for the comments. Definitely has helped :)

Advertisement