Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation

Options
  • 12-07-2016 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Called yesterday to cancel. After spending almost 30 mins on phone I was asked for my email address which I provided. I was told I would receive an email and to follow the steps to cancel. Have not received mail yet. How long does this take normally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

SteoL wrote: »
    Called yesterday to cancel. After spending almost 30 mins on phone I was asked for my email address which I provided. I was told I would receive an email and to follow the steps to cancel. Have not received mail yet. How long does this take normally?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You should receive this e-mail within 24 hours, have you checked your spam/ junk folder?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You should receive this e-mail within 24 hours, have you checked your spam/ junk folder?[/font]

Thanks Pamela. No mail yet. Will give it more time and keep an eye on spam folder. If I don't receive by tomorrow I will post back .

Thanks Pamela. No mail yet. Will give it more time and keep an eye on spam folder. If I don't receive by tomorrow I will post back .

Still no email.

Still no email.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me your account details and I will look into this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

My cancellation was taken over the phone? Can eir representative please post the definitive cancellation process? There is also an email address as per the following which I used in the past:

"[font=arial, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eir account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]phonecancellations@eir.ie [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]or please write to eir Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eir service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on [url=tel:1800 503 303]1800 503 303[/url] ."[/font]

Pamela, surely we can cancel without 30 days notice as at this point eir are changing the contract terms? Can you please clarify definitively what the process is for those who have decided they wish to cancel their service on the back of the changed contract notification letters we received?

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me your account details and I will look into this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL.[/font]

PM sent.

PM sent.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SteoL,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm just going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly.[/font]

Can the definitive cancellation process please be published in this thread, Pamela? In another post (http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/100341596) you say that cancellations are taken over the phone which was my experience?
    Thanks.

Brandaan wrote: »
    Can the definitive cancellation process please be published in this thread, Pamela? In another post (http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/100341596) you say that cancellations are taken over the phone which was my experience?
    Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The cancellation process in relation to the price increase or the standard cancellation process [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Brandaan?[/font]

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The cancellation process in relation to the price increase or the standard cancellation process [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Brandaan?[/font]

In relation to the price increase please - I had assumed this thread was also related to this type of cancellation which may not be the case actually...

• Advertisement

In relation to the price increase please - I had assumed this thread was also related to this type of cancellation which may not be the case actually...

I cancelled primarily as a result of price change.

Thanks.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Brandaan,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you wish to cancel your service in relation to the price increase you will need to ring the cancellations team on 1800307183 and they will arrange cancellation for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are moving your service to another provider you would also need to ring this number to log your request to cancel however they will not cancel your service there and then as the line would need to be kept active to move it. This move would need to be completed within the 30 day timeframe.[/font]

Unbelievably folks Eir are telling me I cannot cancel unless I give them Direct Debit information. Have any of you heard anything so ridiculous?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tootsystar

Unbelievably folks Eir are telling me I cannot cancel unless I give them Direct Debit information. Have any of you heard anything so ridiculous?

I wish you the best of luck cancelling due to the price increase! It took me months to get rid of Eir since the last price increase. I had a bill of new 300 euros for early cease charges, debt collectors where brought in and tortured me, until eventually it got sorted and my bill was reduced to 30. I definitely would not give them direct debit details!!

Ps they also made it very hard for me to switch providers!

Advertisement