Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to quote an office cleaning job

Options
  • 12-07-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am considering opening an office cleaning business and I am having trouble finding adequate information on the quoting process.

First of all, I am unsure of the procedure involved in estimating the size of the job. Does the person quoting the job go to the office and measure it by tape, sight, video or another method?

Also once the size of the job is measured, is there a formula for calculating costs e.g. sq meters x floor surface x amount of rooms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

One of the few occasions I think cold calling is ok. Call a few businesses, ask for the office manager - tell them pretty sharpish that you're really not selling anything - you just want to ask what they're paying or would expect to pay, and get as much information as you can. Find out what problems they have with it, and note the specific language they use to describe it, crucial for your marketing.

Advertisement