Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative bill amount after closing account

Options
  • 12-07-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I closed my account with Eir last Feb and after many confusing contacts with customer support telling me I owed various amounts, then telling me I didnt owe anything, then getting debt collectors messages to back to not owning anything - I'm still  getting "bills" almost 6 months later but now for a negative amount - Your July bill amount is € -25.86

As the account is closed I no longer have access to the Eir online system so I cant actually see any real details.

Can you tell me how to resolve this once and for all please ?  Surely if Eir owe me money it should just get credited back to my account where the direct debits where coming from or worst case send me a cheque - you have my address :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Ha! I have the same.
    A -€3 bill sent every single month and a -€21 bill for another account.
    Was thinking Eir now owes me €24/month for the last 16 months - woo hoo :D
    Rediculous really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Hi,

I closed my account with Eir last Feb and after many confusing contacts with customer support telling me I owed various amounts, then telling me I didnt owe anything, then getting debt collectors messages to back to not owning anything - I'm still  getting "bills" almost 6 months later but now for a negative amount - Your July bill amount is € -25.86

As the account is closed I no longer have access to the Eir online system so I cant actually see any real details.

Can you tell me how to resolve this once and for all please ?  Surely if Eir owe me money it should just get credited back to my account where the direct debits where coming from or worst case send me a cheque - you have my address :-)

Thanks!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]DriveSkill,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If your account is in credit after you have closed it we can arrange a cheque refund for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and the address you would like the refund to be sent to.  [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

ejabrod wrote: »
    Ha! I have the same.
    Rediculous really.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me your account number and address and I will arrange a cheque refund [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ejabrod [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi,

Thanks!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]DriveSkill,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If your account is in credit after you have closed it we can arrange a cheque refund for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and the address you would like the refund to be sent to.  [/font]

Thanks! PM Sent.

Not quite sure why issuing a refund doesnt just happen automatically if the account closes in credit as you have all the details already including my address.

Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks! PM Sent.

Not quite sure why issuing a refund doesnt just happen automatically if the account closes in credit as you have all the details already including my address.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]DriveSkill,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The refund would need to be requested by the customer as in some cases the customer has moved and their address details will have changed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Im in the same boat, every month i get a bill for a closed account with a negative balance.

But i have a mobile/efibre bundle why cant the balance be put against this?

I ve been told a cheque would be sent out but that was months ago.

Owryan wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, every month i get a bill for a closed account with a negative balance.

But i have a mobile/efibre bundle why cant the balance be put against this?

I ve been told a cheque would be sent out but that was months ago.
    Please feel free to PM me your account number Owryan and I will take a look into this.

-Pamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Ha! I have the same.
    Rediculous really.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me your account number and address and I will arrange a cheque refund [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ejabrod [/font]

Thanks for the offer Pamela however, it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Ha! I have the same.
    Rediculous really.

Thanks for the offer Pamela however, it's fine.
    No worries at all. 

-Ciara

Advertisement