Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website developed....what to do next

Options
  • 12-07-2016 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,
    Long time reader, first time poster in this particular forum.
    I have been working on a website(fitness based) the last 8 months. It started off as an idea, then I drew up a spec, and got a team on upwork to do the development. They finished the development 3 months ago, and since then I have been tweaking the website(I can code fyi)
    In one month I should have a site while still in beta, I would be happy to showcase.

So my question is, any advice on what I should do next. What resources/contacts/meetups would be relevant?
    I have read a lot of info online on the likes of startupireland etc, but I'm hoping there are users on here who could advise more specifically.
    I suppose I'm thinking about the likes of mentors/meetups, rather than looking for funding.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

You have a website nearly ready, but it sounds like you dont have a business plan eyt. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

I have one written down, but its far from being ready to present.
    That is a good example of something that I need help/resources with

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You need to validate your idea, see if your target audience are interested in it. Find them and start asking them questions. Learn about idea validation and be prepare to make changes to your ideas and product when you get real world feedback.

Thanks Ill take a look.
    Its links like the above from folks who have been there and done it etc..that I would be grateful of getting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

When it comes to getting traction, contacting social media influencers (gag) and asking them to co-promote it for a cut is a no brainer.

They've the following and authority to make sales.

We've never done those sorta promotions for people in the gym, but if there's anything I can do to help, james@revolutionfitness.ie (as the name suggests, I'm in the industry and spend a lot of time on digital marketing / social so may be able to offer feedback)

• Advertisement

Great thanks James...its a small world...I've actually watched and used the exercises in your mobility videos! :)

Potato Man wrote: »
    Great thanks James...its a small world...I've actually watched and used the exercises in your mobility videos! :)

YOU BETTER ****ING CREDIT ME IF YOU ROBBED THEM!!!!!!

....eh just like I credited the guys I robbed em off of :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yeyeye

You need to market your product and sell it, build up a social media following etc.. explain what the product will do for your clients and the benefits of it vs others similar

I was just thinking about this again and I'd recommend looking at Ryan Lee's Freedym program.

It's an online intermarketing "how to" website.

$30/month, and there's a brilliant 6 hour getting started bootcamp series of videos that shows you exactly how to get started building online brands.

I'm not sure what your knowledge in the IM field is like, but if it's all new to you, Freedym is a great starting point.

Thanks, ill take a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement