Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place in Sligo that sells alcohol hand cleaner to general public?

Options
  • 12-07-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

hello - you know these big yokes they have in the hospital entrances on the wall or tabletop with the push spouts and they have antibacterial alcohol cleanser is there a place in sligo which would sell one off's to general public? - i dont like want to buy wholesale case load or whatever the hospitals buy it by , i just have a workshop and it would be handy to have a bottle nearby so i dont have to keep washing my hands - if anyone knows what commercial places to try in Sligo who sell to general public can you tell me where please. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hello - you know these big yokes they have in the hospital entrances on the wall or tabletop with the push spouts and they have antibacterial alcohol cleanser is there a place in sligo which would sell one off's to general public? - i dont like want to buy wholesale case load or whatever the hospitals buy it by , i just have a workshop and it would be handy to have a bottle nearby so i dont have to keep washing my hands - if anyone knows what commercial places to try in Sligo who sell to general public can you tell me where please. Many thanks.

Am sure all the chemists, Dunnes or Tescos sell pocket sized, or ones you can clip to your belt loop. If you want to buy one or two of the hospital or health service sized containers, maybe try the Medical Supplies place beside Roma Furniture, across from the Sligo Park Hotel.

Although just to note, they are really for visibly/socially clean hands, and to kill any bacteria on them. If there is visable dirt, your going to have to stick to your warm soappy water to remove that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Am sure all the chemists, Dunnes or Tescos sell pocket sized, or ones you can clip to your belt loop. If you want to buy one or two of the hospital or health service sized containers, maybe try the Medical Supplies place beside Roma Furniture, across from the Sligo Park Hotel.

Although just to note, they are really for visibly/socially clean hands, and to kill any bacteria on them. If there is visable dirt, your going to have to stick to your warm soappy water to remove that.

ah right , a suppliers next to roma, thats interesting - no its not any physical dirt its just to get rid of the ol germies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Have you tried the Hygiene supplies shop on Mail Coach road, beside Coach Electric?

red sean wrote:
    Have you tried the Hygiene supplies shop on Mail Coach road, beside Coach Electric?

No, I didn't know about it. But now I do, I will. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Aldi. At checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Just to point out; if you 're not suppsed to use it as a replacement for normal soap. It can lead to dry, cracked skin, dermatitis and eczema like skin if used excessively. I know people in the hospital who complain about it, because they have to. You don't really need to use it unless handling the like of sh1t, vomit or handling raw meat.

It's not the alcohol dispenser, but they sell anti baterial soap in deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just to point out; if you 're not suppsed to use it as a replacement for normal soap. It can lead to dry, cracked skin, dermatitis and eczema like skin if used excessively. I know people in the hospital who complain about it, because they have to. You don't really need to use it unless handling the like of sh1t, vomit or handling raw meat.

It's not the alcohol dispenser, but they sell anti baterial soap in deals.

After handling any them, you would still use warm soapy water. Gels are not a rreplacement.

I suppose i better explain, I repair computers and laptops. And on keyboards (even the cleanest laptops) the keyboard harbour a plethora of different various germs. I do use the little bottles of antibac fluid but always getting through it, just be more handier having a large bottle like the hospitals have and I can just put it on the workbench - so its not actually 'dirt' where I need to keep washing my hands woth soap and water its just if I touch keyboards and then put hands up to nose/mouth thats a sure way of transferring germs and bacteria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Just wear latex/vinyl gloves in which case, it may also eliminate static electric on computer equipment.

Back in the old days folks just used good ole fashioned natural vinegar or high proof alcohol.

Some reports suggest the modern gels with triclosan, phthalates, parabens etc can be slightly neuro-toxic as well as hormone disruptive. Fine for occasional but not constant use, perhaps.

Got sorted thanks everyone, couldnt find what I wanted in the Sligo shops so I ordered online from this company called Medguard and it was 16euro including Delivery for Spiragel 500ml pump type - looks like a good company actually, do a lot of medical stuff

http://www.medguard.ie/spirigel.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement