Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 5X 32GB for €299

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Around 25 cheaper to buy on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

This phone any good? Mines on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I notice the 16GB version is selling cheap in the UK. for 169stg:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/lg/nexus-5x.html?intcmp=HPBETA_AMAZINGDEALS_SF_FLASHSALE_LG5X_120716#!colour=black&capacity=16GB&dealType=sf

However it's showing out of stock. Could be of interest to some, although I'm not too sure how it will work buying there. Perhaps parcel motel will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

Cool, thanks, thats a big difference than what Google themselves are asking! :O
    Why do Amazon add on a fiver between the time you confirm your address and pay. If its free delivery is that tax or duties then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

We've a higher tax rate than the Uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

RossieMan wrote: »
    We've a higher tax rate than the Uk.

This, Amazon need to pay the Irish VAT rate so if the address for delivery is Irish then the higher VAT rate is payed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Anyone tell me what battery like on the nexus 5x?
    I'm reading mixed reports..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

iggy wrote: »

It's like this...

44351446018068.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

iggy wrote: »

Have had mine for 2 months. Get a full day out of it. Charges very quickly to full though in about 30mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

I notice the 16GB version is selling cheap in the UK. for 169stg:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/lg/nexus-5x.html?intcmp=HPBETA_AMAZINGDEALS_SF_FLASHSALE_LG5X_120716#!colour=black&capacity=16GB&dealType=sf

However it's showing out of stock. Could be of interest to some, although I'm not too sure how it will work buying there. Perhaps parcel motel will be needed.

From the link above just searched for availability in stores and it's showing in stock and available for pick up in their Newry store, for anyone that's interested.

Showing out of stock in stores in Enniskillen, Omagh and Derry though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

This, Amazon need to pay the Irish VAT rate so if the address for delivery is Irish then the higher VAT rate is payed.

Not when you use parcel motel. That's why it pays for itself for deliveries over €130 or so because the VAT difference is 3% and the parcel motel fee is €3.95

Though the main reason I use it is convenience (an post depot is outside town in Galway) and that stupid annoying "Amazon does not ship this item to Ireland" nonsense that comes up for a lot of electrical items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

MooShop wrote: »
    From the link above just searched for availability in stores and it's showing in stock and available for pick up in their Newry store, for anyone that's interested.

Showing out of stock in stores in Enniskillen, Omagh and Derry though.

One thing to note is that in store in the UK carphone warehouse force you to buy a £10 topup on a UK network. Which drives up the price a bit.

Edit: sorry for this double post, should have added this reply to the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB for 80 quid off Tesco today when I signed up.

Im delighted with that value.

A different company wanted 350 for the same phone, with a worse contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB for 80 quid off Tesco today when I signed up.

Im delighted with that value.

A different company wanted 350 for the same phone, with a worse contract!

I'd have moved to Tesco mobile myself but for one issue. No 4G.

Advertisement