Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Seat Recommendations for 4-Year Old

Options
  • 12-07-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

So my little fella has just about outgrown his Maxi Cosi Priori car seat and I need to get a booster seat with a high back instead.

Looking at the options on the likes of Argos gives a range of different choices and reviews but those that are negative seem to be about poor stability, bad cushioning etc. The prices also vary hugely from about €50 to over €200 and as I'll have to buy 2 (for my own car and his Nanny's car) I do have to work to a reasonable budget.. but I don't want to cheap out either if that makes sense :)

So.. what would ye recommend in around the €80-100ish (each) mark? Must properly fit an Audi A6 and a small Hyundai hatchback (I think it is! :p)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Hi I have just upgraded my seat recently myself and as my wee fella spends long journeys in car I did a lot of research. Its a bit more than you want to spend but I bought the CYBEX Solution X2-Fix Booster Car Seat from Amazon. Its a german engineered seat, its isofix, reclines which seems to be hard to get for the next stage up and is from 4-12 years the back raises up as he gets older and can also be taken off for just the booster seat. He loves it. Its cool looking, comfie and the seat and head area both recline. The isofix clips into the car but if the other car doesn't have isofix you turn the isofix clips around and put the seatbelt on. Brilliant seat but did cost us about 150 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

If its seat belt one you're after Ive just bought this one and its proving to be a big hit because it has a cup holder haha.
    On a grown up note, its isocatch and very roomy so Im happy with the purchase so far.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/c-586/car-seats-booster/p-12530/graco-affix-group-2-3/

Advertisement