Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Trainer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

dahat wrote: »
    I have purchased this for €270 in Halfords and used my Stages with it. Only used once so far but very pleased with and a cost effective way to get a direct drive turbo.

That is a great price for this trainer, was it recently and would you by any chance have a link to it if it is ?

I use my P2M with it so have not bought the add on. But I was mindful of the fact purchasing that I could use it without a PM if I ever needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That is a great price for this trainer, was it recently and would you by any chance have a link to it if it is ?

I use my P2M with it so have not bought the add on. But I was mindful of the fact purchasing that I could use it without a PM if I ever needed to.

Current price is €300 but with the 10% AXA discount it was €270.

I'm still in two minds whether to get the add on or not as i have a Stages PM. If i see it on sale somewhere i may get it eventually just for the option of using the non-pm bike on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

TACX SATORI SMART T2400 TRAINER 2015
    NOW € 299.00

in marrey cycles

is the eltite a better buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

joey100 wrote: »
    I can only comment on the Elite muin because that's what I have but I like it. It does make some noise, it wouldn't be completely quiet, but it's more the noise coming from your bike/drivetrain. There is a bit of buzz off it that can travel through floor boards, I have it on a mat I got in aldi and it's grand. Just letting you know it's not completely silent. It does feel fairly realistic though and is very sturdy. The virtual power from trainer road matches pretty well too, I had it and got a power meter and trainer road was around 10w lower than the PM so close enough.

I will be selling it in the next month or so if you are interested, I got a good price on a new kickr. It has a ten speed cassette on it, kickr comes with a brand new 11 speed so you could have choice of cassettes. I hope this is allowed and if not I apologise for jumping on your thread.

How do you find the speed output from the meter?

Mine has always outout crazy high figures!

what are people taughts on this Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer vs Elite Turbo Muin II Fluid Direct Drive Trainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

@Tibulus, I didn't use the power box add on for the elite. Used a magnet and speed and cadence sensor and then trainer road gave a 'virtual' power number. Found it close enough to when I used the power meter on it. Never much more than 10watts out really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Can anyone answer this question for me please? Halfords have the "elite muin" and wiggle have what they're calling the elite muin II". Same price, pretty much, but I can't discern any difference between them. Is there? Or is it just nomenclature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

tech wrote:
    what are people taughts on this Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer vs Elite Turbo Muin II Fluid Direct Drive Trainer
    Can't speak to using zwift, but when it was asked on the trainer road podcast they said they'd go "dumb" direct drive over smart wheel on. Wheel on introduces more variables.

Sounds like for zwift you'd want smart though.

Afaik the muin in halfords and wiggle is the same. The original muin had the speed and cadence externally mounted rather than in a little box.

hi

anyone got any taught

well whats your trainer and did you buy a smart trainer? and is zwift the way to go??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭markie379

Tibulus wrote: »
    How do you find the speed output from the meter?

Mine has always outout crazy high figures!

You might need to correct the wheel circumference value if you are using it with trainerroad . I had the same issue . I had to put in 158 (2070/13.2 approx) works fine now.

Advertisement