Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Forerunner 220

Options
  • 12-07-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer opinions on this. Not too fussed about heart rate monitoring. Just need something to record distance, time, calories burned, route, speed etc. Also anyone know of deals going for this or something simlar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DC.

I've used this for the past two years & it has been faultless. Does everything you want with very little fuss, never had an issue with gps signal or that.

Bound to get a good deal on one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Another positive vote here. Have had mine for about a year and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

another satisfied user

here's the DC Rainmaker review
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/11/garmin-forerunner-depth-review.html

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Have mine since May of last year and never had any problems. I love the watch and wear it for every day use also. Has every feature I could want...I have toyed with the idea of getting a HR strap for it but not bothered. I got ir quite reasonably over a year ago now so as mentioned above you could probably get a great price on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

Just a heads up that there is a new model of this, the Garmin 230, the extra features might be over an above what you need but just an FYI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks for all the comments folks. Would anyone know where (online or instore) the cheapest place would be to get the Foreunner?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

billyhead wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments folks. Would anyone know where (online or instore) the cheapest place would be to get the Foreunner?

I got mine from here .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Have mine a couple of years and no complaints about the watch however the black rubber "yoke" on the strap that secures the strap has snapped - anyone know of a good place for replacements.
    I can only find the complete strap online.

Advertisement