Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play school

Options
  • 12-07-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Just wondering what people feel is a good age to introduce babies / toddlers to play schools. Do you start off at one or two days a week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Just wondering what people feel is a good age to introduce babies / toddlers to play schools. Do you start off at one or two days a week.

Playschools are great! We started our little guy when he was 2 and 3 months. We only started him 1 day per week as that's all they had but defo would've sent him 2-3 days if they had space. We've just started our little girl at 2y3m and she's going 3 days per week for 3 hours in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My li'l dude started creche/montessori at just under six months. They phased him in a couple of hours at a time the first couple of weeks, with me still in the building (but a separate room) at first. I imagine most places are well used to dealing with anxious new parents (like myself! :o ) He dealt with the transition MUCH easier than I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My lad started 2 days a week when he'd just turned 3.

I considered he was ready when he became more sociable, interested in playing with others & concentrating a little more on an activity. His speech was a bit behind at 2/2.5 so I wouldn't have sent them then as I don't think he'd be able to communicate properly to the teachers.

If you're intending on sending him/her in nappies, or are in the middle of potty training, just check with the playschool if they can accommodate that. Most can and have a dedicated toddler room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My little lad will be 2 and 4 months when he starts playschool in Sept. I could send him 2 days a week or I could send him for 4 days a week (9.15am - 12.00pm). I'm sending him the four days. It's only costing 30 euro per week as it is a community playschool. His 3 older sisters attended the same playschool (2 for 1 year each and the last girl went for 2 years, little man will go for 1 year) and they came on so much there, one was even accidentally potty trained there (copying some of the older kids).

Advertisement