Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very strange behavior

Options
  • 12-07-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

A friend has a 15 year old male child. It apparently was discovered a few months back that he was urinating in the bath rather than the toilet. The toilet is only another three feet further on from the bath. After bringing it to the teenagers attention. It seems it stopped ..however it seems to have started again.
    Obviously he is a lazy inconsiderate and very immature teen. However before she takes any further action including ..speaking to him again ..and or ..taking him to psychiatrist...she wondered if anyone had heard of a medical reason for this behavior..?! It seems the kid had some issues with going to the toilet at 8/10 years old which was solved. My opinion would be deal with it as stupid childish silly carry on ..but she wonders could there be some other reason ..... I'd think a swift kick in the butt would be the answer ..but as it's not my problem any other views that might assist her would be helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well, kicking him is hardly going to help!

Has she asked him why he's doing it? He may simply be lazy, but she won't know unless she asks him.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Yuck, it must stink!

Handing him the marigolds and flash every single time he's been caught doing it might deter him. There and then, clean it up. None of this "I'll do it later" business. He'll soon figure out for himself that the flush mechanism of the toilet will save him a lot of hassle when he's scrubbing the bath instead of meeting his mates or being online.

Looking for a medical issue is pointless - he can pee perfectly well - so there is no medical issue. If there is a psychological reason (which I doubt) then I'm sure the definition exists somewhere on the web, which might work out cheaper than a psychologist consultation.

And even if it has an organic cause, it still needs cleaning and he is still physically able to wield a bottle of cleaner and a cloth. People with incontinence who are otherwise capable and mobile don't mess their homes and expect another family member to clean up after them. They take care of it themselves as best they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Excellent Advice. Will pass it on ... sounds like the solution to me thanks a lot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Perhaps explain some basic plumbing too and the benefits of flushing things away.

Advertisement