Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you keep up to date with the product

• 12-07-2016 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Last week John Pollock and Wai Ting were unable to do their review a wai podcast, they had Jason Agnew fill in for them so I skipped it. It's only now that I'm realising my sum total efforts to find out what happened in Raw last week without that podcast were glancing over the last page of the raw thread here.

Assuming next to none of you actually watch the whole 3 hours of raw, 2 hours of smackdown, 2 hours of impact... etc. Was just wondering what everyone's usual weekly wrestling schedule is.

Mine currently is:
    Monday morning: the LAW, just Dave Meltzer's segment (w/e of weeks where a WWE ppv is on)
    Tuesday morning: Review-A-Raw
    Tuesday night (sometimes): PW Torch with Wade Keller and Jason Powell

I listen to a few other podcasts but they're not about current things.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I gave up watching it a few weeks ago and don't miss it tbh. I'll usually check out clips on Youtube to see if I missed anything noteworthy and if something catches my eye I'll read more on it in the Observer and the threads here.

I do intend to tune in to see how the draft split goes, but if it turns out to be a disappointment after a week or two - which is entirely possible - then I'll leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I read PPV reports and catch pretty much the gist of what's happening on Twitter from people who suffer through 5+ hours of meh graps a week so I don't have to (bless ye for yer service btw). Mania was the last show I gave any sort of attention to but I did watch the Hardy thing due to the rave reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I probably caught raw live maybe 4 times this past 18months. Usually just catch observer radio Alvarez and Melzer. I'm neither mans biggest fan but they talk sense more often and not and go through it pretty quickly. Apart from that it's what culture's wtf moments along with maybe their ups and downs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tuesday morning/evening- Watch Raw
    Wednesday- read spoilers of Smackdown but that will change to watching Smackdown live :D:D:D
    I watch a lot of the network and a bit of NXT (not every week mind you, will lose a bit interest when Finn is on the main roster)

Monday mornings/evenings- watch the ppvs when there on

I cant see myself ever stopping watching WWE. been watching for years and years. Please god i will get too see it live in November in Glasgow (Main show, saw a number of Dublin house shows in the past)

read a lot of wrestling news sites/blogs etc. Never listen to podcasts for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The live threads here, and Whatculture's W.T.F Moments, and maybe the odd YouTube clips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Usually Youtube clips, this forum and then I watch the ppvs. But I've recently had Tuesdays off, so Ive started watching Raw live every now and again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I will skip through Raw at some pace but still probably see (not watch in detail or anything) the majority of it. I don't watch SD but maybe that will change after the draft, I do occasionally watch some WTF moments from it for my recap. I watch all the NXT specials and the main roster PPVs but again I sometimes skip through some of them and that might increase after the draft.

I don't watch TNA or LU but if something gets enough hype I will such as Final Deletion. Similarily if their is loads of talk about something from NJPW I'll look it up but generally im not watching their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

For the people who do watch Raw, is it in a manner where you're doing other stuff and it's just convenient to stick it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I watched Raw and Smackdown every single week for 18 odd years. Bought a house where I couldn't get a satellite signal, so can't watch Raw etc the past 2.5 years. Don't miss it either.

Follow the results on here. But watch all the PPVs, and have the Network, so follow NXT almost exclusively now.

I'll watch some OF ROH and NJPWs bigger events of the year too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For the people who do watch Raw, is it in a manner where you're doing other stuff and it's just convenient to stick it on?

It's that but the opposite... I will put on Raw and usually they go for an interesting opening angle but if it doesn't grab me I might start doing other stuff and put Raw in the background (or more likely just minimize the viewing window) If I don't have much else to do I'll skip through it.

I wanna give Raw my full attention but it usually fails to keep it due to it's lack of quality and so I will either do other things or skip through it.

With the draft and me being far more likely to watch SD this will probably become the case even more so as 5 hours on a non PPV week is already too much for me and the WWE therefore if they are not on their game I will be skipping / zoning out for even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I used to watch Raw in full all the time, but now I just watch the clips that they post on their Youtube channel on Tuesday mornings. It only takes about 20-30 mins compared to watching RAW in full which would normally take 2 hours for me.

NXT weekly show has been pretty boring over the past few months, I still watch it every now and again.

I will try watching Smackdown again with the draft.

I still watch regular PPV's and NXT takeover shows in full though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I tend to watch highlights of Raw (it's on too late and too long to want to watch it live), I just glance at Smackdown most of the time cause it usually just winds up being a Raw repeat, watch NXT if I can, and then try and keep up with New Japan as much as I can online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mostly through websites , Boards, and if reading spoilers i gave up the network months ago but ill download something if its worthwhile

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Here, Twitter, Watch RAW on Sky plus but FF through a lot, watch bits of Smackdown. Watch the bigger PPV matches, takeovers and bits of NXT on the Network.

Over last few weeks I haven't watched much at all as I am waiting for The Draft.

Looking forward to the CWC and Finn v Nakamura though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

For Raw and SmackDown, I just read the threads here, and watch a few of the videos on the WWE YouTube channel. Plus a friend fills me in if I've missed anything inportant

PPV Pre-Shows I have on in the background live, but I keep muted, only watching when there's a match on

PPVs and NXT are the only things I watch live and in full

TNA Impact/PPVs, I record at the weekend and put on during the week, but only in the background while I work on the laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

YouTube. Read a bit of the the raw thread here. I think I've watched maybe 2-4 raws live in the last year. I really don't feel like I'm missing out. Even when I have the next day off and I'm up I still find myself not tuning in. I just can't do 3 hours of raw every week.

Usually watch all the ppvs live if I can. Again it depends on what I have to do the following day. If not I'll watch them the Monday evening.

That's why I hope in the draft that we see the likes of Rollins and Owens end up on smackdown. If they build a nice little roster over there that's booked well I'll watch that every week instead and just keep up with raw through YouTube.

Vince can turn raw into a 3 hour Roman Reigns appreciation show every week for all I care then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

My brother tends to watch it live or early the following morning so if anything big happens he will text me and ask 'Did you see what happened on Raw?'. Answer is almost always no and he has a good idea of what I don't mind him spoiling so he will tell me outright or tell me I should watch it. Last 2 segments I watched were Shane's return and AJ's turn.

If I don't hear from him I will scan the sites and click the odd recap link or check the last page on the thread here. When it comes to PPV's I have the network so will watch most, either live if I have a late start on Monday or at some stage over the week.

Like someone else mentioned, I watched Raw religiously for years. At the start of the attitude era I hadn't got sky sports and had to watch livewire and still shots from PPVS. When we got sky I couldn't envisage a time when I wouldn't watch. I am gonna try get back on board with the brand split, and hopefully one of the shows will keep my interest but I don't hold too much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'm a bit of a night owl by nature so I tend to play the witcher 3 or something similar and pause for matches I want to watch or segments that might catch my eye.

Advertisement