Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pokemon go stops and gyms in limerick

• 12-07-2016 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Think what you like, it's getting big here and will get bigger. Spotted a gym yesterday where the pokemon had 65cp, passed again today and the controller had a pokemon with 557cp! I live in the country with just one pokestop, no gym. Just wondering could anyone share the best spots? UL seems to have quite a few anyway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

It's no available yet in the Play Store, or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

fredo1664 wrote: »
    It's no available yet in the Play Store, or is it?

Not yet no. People using an unofficial copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

No I'm using an apk mirror link, it's unofficial but works perfectly, the game is free either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Feck it , I'm getting old. Didn't understand one of these posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah me too! I feel there should be a footnot with translations on each post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

There is a gym at Casey's furniture in Raheen.

It makes sense only if you're playing I guess,lol, am on the wrong side of 30 with 3 kids but it's addictive! Myself and two of my children are getting great mileage out of playing it. You have to walk round to find the pokemon or hatch eggs, the app can tell if you're in a car, so it's great exercise too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

There's a gym at fennessey's on S.C.R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man it sucks living out in the sticks no gyms all around gives whole new meaning to wanting to go into the city though

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

There's a gym at St. Mary’s Church, Athlunkard Street. Mass attendance will go way up ðŸ˜

There's also a gym at the Edward Street entrance to the army barracks. Wouldn't fancy hanging round there though, would look well dodge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Gym at taits clock and Thomond park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

2 stops in Mary I and two more in the Redemptorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

There's a gym at the Hunt Museum, the park across from the Art college, and also by the Parkway.

Dooradoyle gym is a gym :P

No seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Stops:
    County Hall, County Library, Mormon Church, Mosque all in Dooradoyle.
    Raheen Church, Flower Shop at entrance to Raheen industrial estate, and there's another one just inside the gates into the industrial estate.
    St Brigid's Church, The grotto near the Fairview club and the grotto at Woodlawn Park.
    The wall of light at UL and the nursing home across the road from the university has one in the garden, haven't been at that one yet tho so it might actually be inside the grounds of the Castletroy Park hotel.

There's a gym at St. Patrick's Well in Garryowen and a couple out near Hamilton House in Plassey.

That is all I have for now.

There are also gyms in ballina at mollys bar and another right across the bridge in killaloe. Found a gym in dromroe student village in UL, park near concert hall and walk over.

It's officially released in Ireland today. I went to play store and it said already installed so it was a legitimate link I had used :)

angelll wrote: »
    It's officially released in Ireland today. I went to play store and it said already installed so it was a legitimate link I had used :)

It gave me an option to update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyone know of any Limerick meetups? I've seen events on Facebook for Galway but I've heard nothing about Limerick.

Spotted the dublin pub crawl one earlier, looks fun! Haven't seen a limerick one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There's a gym at Treaty Stone, a few of those shop spots (whatever the right name is) at Curragower and Thomond Bridge.
    I'd be interested too in one of those walks too, I find it very distracting so I wouldn't go around much on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Any one found anything rare around..... Dratini down on Callaghan strand

Found pikachu at castletroy McDonald's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Anyone know of any Limerick meetups? I've seen events on Facebook for Galway but I've heard nothing about Limerick.

I saw one coming up for team Valor but haven't seen anything for Mystic or Instinct

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

There's gym by the Aldi in Roxboro, next to the Maldron Hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Saw a few spots in People's Park and the Art Gallery.
    There's a gym on Sarsfield Bridge and Salesians School

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Gyms

1916 Statue Sarsfield Bridge
    Patrick Sarsfield Statue
    St. Mary's Church
    Dock Workers Statue

Handy Pokestops if you want to grab a coffee/drink and use a lure for 30 mins.

Penney's Clock
    Smyths Bar
    Little Catherine Street (beside Cafe Melt/opposite Olio & Farino)
    Thomas Street beside Bagel Factory (opposite O'Connors)
    Outside Centra/Abrakebabra O'Connell Street
    Milk Market along by the Kebab Shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Map your Pokemon finds here

https:// www. pokemon-map .com

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

There's a group called pokemon go limerick on Facebook that's constantly organising meetups, the lad doing them there is nice apparently but I haven't met him yet.

I said it on the larger pokemon go thread, but Kings Island is a wealth of stops, two outside the locke, fannings castle, griffin memorial on the gaelscoil, abbey court, there's 2 or 3 outside the courthouse, the bridges over by the Absolute Hotel, and tons more over the Treaty stone direction, which is a gym ^_^

(Thanks Exeggcute for directing me here!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

There's a pokestop at the Shannon side entrance to Arthur's Quay shopping centre plus one in the Arthur's Quay Park itself

Advertisement