Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions about moving to melbourne

Options
  • 12-07-2016 10:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I have been contemplating moving to Australia for years and at the ripe old age of 38 I have decided to go for it, I have always been put off because my profession as QC Chemist/Lab Technician doesn't seem to pay well over there compared to the cost of living at least. However even though its a risk I have no dependents or mortgage , the world is my oyster as they say. I have a few questions

1. how long does it generally take to get the 5 year permanent migration visa?

2.whats the minimum yearly salary I need to command to have a reasonable standard of living, I think most QC analysts are on about 60-70k?

3.What are the prospects of doing a completely different job, reskilling or even starting a business?

Advertisement