Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch file just ran on my computer

Options
  • 13-07-2016 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Just popped up. Ran a list of comands for about 5/10 seconds and was gone before I catch any info. Nothing in scheduled tasks or event viewer. Any way I can find out what this was?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Just happened again! More 5 seconds than 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I think you just entered the matrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

I ran malware bytes and it cleaned some stuff but when I opened firefox afterwards a month or two of settings are gone - history, bookmarks, addons etc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

It may not be bad. I get a panic when I see that black screen comes up but some applications still use command line tools to run. Maybe now might be a good opportunity to back up your files to a USB drive. Lot of those ransomware viruses going round at the moment, and they will absolutely cripple a home user with no backup.

Advertisement