Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this dress suitable for a wedding?

• 13-07-2016 7:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to wear this dress to a wedding? The base is off white and it's long and flouncy so I'm really not sure. I'd be wearing it with a navy pashmina or shrug. I love it on, I just worry that there's too much white. I'm a friend of the groom and have only met the bride a few times.

391589.jpg

This is my back up if the first one doesn't work out:

391590.jpg

Any feedback is welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I think both are lovely. Prefer the 1st one, and think there is absolutely no reason you couldn't wear it to a wedding. It is in no way bridal at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The first one is beautiful and would be perfect for a wedding. There isn't that much white in it, especially if you are wearing a navy shrug. I have seen loads of similar dresses at weddings, you will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Go with the first one, you'll look beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Couldnt complain there both beautiful, enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thank you all! I was overthinking things a bit. :o I much prefer the first one too and I feel confident about wearing it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Both are beautiful dresses - where did you get them from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

cee_jay wrote: »
    Both are beautiful dresses - where did you get them from?

I got them from Littlewoods, but you can also get them direct from Little Mistress and on the Dorothy Perkins website. Stock seems to be low everywhere though.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/women/little-mistress-curve/e/b/1589,4294872083.end

https://www.little-mistress.com/little-mistress-curvy-m7

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/category/shop-by-fit-4667835/plus-size-dresses-4788679/little-mistress/N-z1mZ10hfZc1y?Nrpp=20&siteId=%2F12552&No=0

I'm a size 22 and I find it hard to get a dress that I feel comfortable and confident in. These dresses are beautiful quality with good strong lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I was going to buy that dress for a wedding I went to recently. Think its gorgeous. Couldnt get my size but I went with something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

Both are beautiful and completely appropriate for a wedding. I had a similar worry a few years back wearing a knee length dress with a white base and very colourful floral pattern. I was totally overthinking it and it didn't look remotely bridal, but wearing anything white is considered such a no-no that I did worry. Anyway, that's a gorgeous dress so absolutely wear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Love both dresses. The first one doesn't look remotely bridal so you have no worries there.
    Before my own wedding a friend wanted to clear with me if a dress was ok to wear - it was cream/off white with a floral pattern on it, full length maxi dress. It didn't look anywhere bridal and infact was a gorgeous dress on her!

Unless the dress is completely white/ ivory/cream then IMO there's no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I think you'll be fine OP.

Yes the base is off white, but I think any bold floral pattern immediately takes it away from being bridal at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

They're both lovely, I prefer the first one, but I think either would be absolutely fine for a wedding.

Advertisement