Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Web Design -An Post

• 13-07-2016 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/at+your+local+Post+Office.htm

An post's find your local post office offering is not mobile friendly. You can find the location of your local post office okay;but trying to click on it for more details is almost impossible, at least on my android phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Here is a revelation for you Whale....Ireland as a whole has terrible website design...Look at most Gov websites where you would think with all of the Tax intake and money to "advisers" for this that and the other.....that they would have modern websites.

Nope....1990s website design.

Facebook has really killed Web Design industry...dumbed things down....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 59 ✭✭m0rt

I can't remember the last time I saw a "Find you local... shop, branch, whatever" feature with a map that actually works. It must be contagious.

As a designer I can tell you that there isn't many of those kind of Map features because any website that would have a lot of hits would cost a fortune in Google Map fees....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

As a designer I can tell you that there isn't many of those kind of Map features because any website that would have a lot of hits would cost a fortune in Google Map fees....

Aren't embedded maps free for public facing websites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Here is a revelation for you Whale....Ireland as a whole has terrible website design...Look at most Gov websites where you would think with all of the Tax intake and money to "advisers" for this that and the other.....that they would have modern websites.

Nope....1990s website design.

Facebook has really killed Web Design industry...dumbed things down....

with the exception of the one for the wild Atlantic way

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    with the exception of the one for the wild Atlantic way

Yes the Wild Atlantic Way website is really well done and modern...

Advertisement