Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back from holidays and something is wrong with my internet :(

Options
  • 13-07-2016 8:18am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey,

I got back from my holidays yesterday to find my internet is not working properly.

Basically, my apple products (iPhone and iPad) are working fine, but my Windows products (PC and brother's laptop) aren't picking up the wireless signal from the router. We have an F2000 modem, fibre broadband. At a guess (albeit an ignorant one), the Apple products are receiving the 5g signal no problem, while the Windows ones aren't getting any, whereas before, they were recieving the 2.5g signal. The windows products can pick up other signals (neighbours wifi signals are on the Networks lost) but it's like none of them can see any signal coming from our specific router.

I have already gone through multiple checklists and advice online, changing channels, checking drivers, turning off and on the router and doing a factory reset, but to no avail :(  Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    hey,

I got back from my holidays yesterday to find my internet is not working properly.

Basically, my apple products (iPhone and iPad) are working fine, but my Windows products (PC and brother's laptop) aren't picking up the wireless signal from the router. We have an F2000 modem, fibre broadband. At a guess (albeit an ignorant one), the Apple products are receiving the 5g signal no problem, while the Windows ones aren't getting any, whereas before, they were recieving the 2.5g signal. The windows products can pick up other signals (neighbours wifi signals are on the Networks lost) but it's like none of them can see any signal coming from our specific router.

I have already gone through multiple checklists and advice online, changing channels, checking drivers, turning off and on the router and doing a factory reset, but to no avail :(  Help!
    Is this the Huawei router? I have exactly the same problem intermittently where the 2.4G channels drop completely meaning that the older devices that only support 2.4G lose connectivity. I would be interested in hearing what tech support tell you - I'd say a swap is on the cards although the issue is probably a software issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Lord TSC wrote: »
    hey,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Lord TSC,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your wifi connection. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement