Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 2nd hand engine for car.

Options
  • 13-07-2016 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Possibly need a 2nd hand engine for my Peugeot,I'm looking for places in and around the city area that will supply and fit,I'd appreciate any recommendations.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Try partfinder.ie they'll have a list of breakers by area.

They also have a 'find my part' system where you submit whatever part you are looking for and all the breakers are alerted. If one of them has a suitable engine they'll contact you, shouldn't be dear to get it shipped on a pallet.

Depending on how bad it is you could also try cork engine centre in little island, they'll repair almost anything back to good as new condition. Friend of mine got his engine sorted there a few years ago and was very happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

mickeyk wrote: »
    Try partfinder.ie they'll have a list of breakers by area.

They also have a 'find my part' system where you submit whatever part you are looking for and all the breakers are alerted. If one of them has a suitable engine they'll contact you, shouldn't be dear to get it shipped on a pallet.

Depending on how bad it is you could also try cork engine centre in little island, they'll repair almost anything back to good as new condition. Friend of mine got his engine sorted there a few years ago and was very happy with the result.

Thanks for that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

A few places mentioned in this thread.
    Also Gerlan's in Rutland St.
    I don't know if any in particular is known for supplying complete engines. Good luck. Have you ruled-out getting yours recon-ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Cork engine centre in Little island are picking it up tomorrow ,will know more once they open it up next week.

Advertisement