Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song of the Deep

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reviews seem quite mixed for this. USgamer scored it quite high, Eurogamer were less enamoured.

Out now actually, well on the xbox store at least.

Review gave me some pause for the moment, I think it was the polygon one I read yesterday. Must check some of the others but that one mentioned being one shot killed towards the end or on the final boss or having redo some sections. I'll have a read of some of the others and see if I can determine if it's cheap and frustrating thing or how the other reviewers found it. Could be reading into nothing here either though.

I don't think I'm alone in hating underwater sections in most games that use them but this 'on the surface' :rolleyes: doesn't look like it will be a problem with this game even with it being set entirely underwater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It's an interesting one, because it's being published by Gamestop's new publishing wing, and I'm curious to see how that shapes up. Game looks pretty good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Reminds of INSIDE a little bit! Great game!!!

But everyone knows the water levels are usually the worst part of games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

It looks interesting and at the price its worth a go

Odd it was there and available to buy this morning on Xbox and now listed as 19/7/2016 :mad:

Took the plunge this morning :rolleyes:

Played for maybe an hour , and I quite like it. All the stuff I was worried about like being totally underwater and as a result being a big of a chore to control have turned out to be unfounded.

It's oddly relaxing. Only encountered 3 enemy types so far and a lot of treasures and parts I can't get to just yet on the parts of the map I've uncovered. Also got my 1st 3 base upgrades, i think there are 8 different ones which you can upgrade by 1-3 levels. There is a lot of Irish to the game outside the obvious Irish accent the narrator has.

Not sure it will prove to be Ori and the Blind Forest good but it's looking ok so far.

About half way through now. My official review..... wait for a sale.

It's not bad or terrible or anything it;s just not great either, lacks variety in the areas and the and the roadblocks are too obvious , like in other mv style game you'd look at them and try stuff but here you know by looking you ain't passing until later.

It looks and sounds amazing, controls are very good .... with the exception of the few occasions I had to tow bombs :mad:

Advertisement