Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Passport Photos

Options
  • 13-07-2016 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Does anyone know if they are a little easier going on the restrictions for baby passport photos? I could not get my son to close his mouth after trying for absolutely ages, it's open very slightly in the photo but everything else is perfect - white background, looking at camera, eyes open, not smiling.

Has anyone had less than perfect passport photos accepted or rejected by the passport office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My daughter's 1st passport photo was taken when she was 2 months old and she had a little smile on her face. Not a cheesy grin obviously, but a smile nonetheless and it was accepted.
    That was 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Once the quality of the photo is good, and all features are visible, facial expression won't matter. And once no parents hands are in the photo or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Also make sure the ears are visible. I thought I could take my son's passport photo but no matter how I posed him you could not see his ears. I contacted the passport office and they told me all facial features had to be in the photo so in the end I went to a photographer who managed to get his ears in the shot (though his mouth is open so that's acceptable)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The best place for baby photos are the Fuji/camera shops as oppose to the machines. The staff will take a few photos and know the quality needed for passports

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thankfully the Brits are lenient on passport photoss for babies - my son's eyes are only half open in his passport photo! :pac: We had ours done at a photo shop rather than using a machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Also make sure the ears are visible. I thought I could take my son's passport photo but no matter how I posed him you could not see his ears. I contacted the passport office and they told me all facial features had to be in the photo so in the end I went to a photographer who managed to get his ears in the shot (though his mouth is open so that's acceptable)

Really? My daughter's current passport photo (taken at 3 years old) has her ears covered and it wasn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I used an iPad to take the photo and ordered the photos online with photobox. A lot more relaxing as I could take them when the children were relaxed and could see the pictures before I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

We just got our little guys passport back (he's 8 months) and his mouth is slightly open, so I would say it will be fine, kinda hard to get a perfect pic of a little baby so they are relaxed enough about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Xdancer wrote: »
    Really? My daughter's current passport photo (taken at 3 years old) has her ears covered and it wasn't an issue.

Yup, my sister initially told me ears had to be visible (she's been through the process herself) but I thought that was bit much and I contacted DFA about it. I went to a shop and when the photographer was taking his photo I asked him and he agreed, he said they were getting strict recently.

It was annoying as taking the photo at home and uploading it to a website would have been less time consuming than bringing him into town.

Advertisement