Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Courses Dublin

Options
  • 13-07-2016 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I'm looking to do a web design course next year and was hoping someone might have feedback on Dublin Institute of Design? I'm working full time so need a part time course. I've heard mixed reviews - mostly bad saying that the place is just in it for the money. Has anyone been there that can comment?

If not there are short courses in Griffith I have been looking at, my only concern is that they won't cover as much?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Are you looking for part or full time?

What do you hope to get out of the course? What are your long term goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 a_kelly1

Looking for part time. It's really realistic for me to go back to college full time at the moment... if I can help it at least.

I'm looking to change careers basically. I'm currently in marketing/sales in a Digital Agency. Always wanted to do design though. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can through a course and hopefully gain some real experience/leverage skills in my current company. Long term I'd like to get into UX.

Have you a degree/similar at the moment?

Yeah, a BSc in Marketing from DIT

a_kelly1 wrote: »
    Yeah, a BSc in Marketing from DIT

Then here you go:

http://www.iadt.ie/en/CurrentStudents/Courses/FacultyofFilmArtCreativeTechnologies/DL908-MScinUserExperienceDesign/

2 years UX Masters - Will set you up better than any part time course in web design ever will.

• Advertisement

Wow - I never would have seen that! You're a star, I'll contact them now! :)

Wow - I never would have seen that! You're a star, I'll contact them now! :)

It's new, perhaps in its first year.

Get in touch with NCAD too - they're running a full time masters but it's also new, so register your interest in a part-time option.

Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rossi.

Hi there,

hoping someone might have feedback on Dublin Institute of Design? I'm working full time so need a part time course. I've heard mixed reviews - mostly bad saying that the place is just in it for the money. Has anyone been there that can comment?

Ive seen feedback for the college that's negative, mostly from idiots that signed up for short courses then changed their minds and wanted a full refund despite the no refund policy that they read and signed...ranting online followed soon after.
    Sure the college is in it for money, its a business after all, the tutors are from the industry and have zero to do with college fees or college rules, I've spent the last 3 years there doing a degree in graphic design and all the web guys studying there had only great things to say about the tutor and course content. I'm strongly considering doing another year there in the web to boost my skills.

that aside the masters is probably the way forward for ya :)

rossi. wrote: »
    Ive seen feedback for the college that's negative, mostly from idiots that signed up for short courses then changed their minds and wanted a full refund despite the no refund policy that they read and signed...ranting online followed soon after.
    Sure the college is in it for money, its a business after all, the tutors are from the industry and have zero to do with college fees or college rules, I've spent the last 3 years there doing a degree in graphic design and all the web guys studying there had only great things to say about the tutor and course content. I'm strongly considering doing another year there in the web to boost my skills.

that aside the masters is probably the way forward for ya :)

Thanks so much for that reply - I've been thinking some more and definitely want to be able to produce graphics and be involved in the UI side of things as well. So I'm still definitely considering DID. Were there any other courses you had considered before choosing DID?

rossi. wrote: »
    Ive seen feedback for the college that's negative, mostly from idiots...

FWIW, I have heard negative feedback first hand, mostly from regular intelligent people.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

KonFusion wrote: »
    FWIW, I have heard negative feedback first hand, mostly from regular intelligent people.

:rolleyes:

Hmmm.... what did they say about it?

Advertisement