Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a clear cut No. 1 QB this year?

Options
  • 13-07-2016 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭

The quarterback situation in the NFL doesn't seem as clear cut to me this year.

In previous years you could pick a Rodgers, Manning, Brady or Brees as a stud no.1 QB, but with the ascention of Newton, Wilson, Bortles and Carr along with the possible decline of Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and Rivers, it seems there might be a lot of value in the later rounds in the QB position - even QB by committee yielded good results for me last year (a motley collection of Fitzpatrick, McCown, Hoyer, Bradford, Cousins and Osweiler)

So, is there a clear-cut QB worth a 1st round pick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Good point. I was hoping to land one of the big boys in my draft last year but ended up with Carson Palmer who ended up being a total legend for me. With Nelson back and a probable (if he can get health) TE upgrade in Cook I'd probably favour Rogers as QB1. But there's still a bit of uncertainty there.

Winston/Mariotta are looking great for some later round value if you can get them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think Cam Newton is the clear cut number 1, but not worthy of a first round pick,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

QB is very deep this year, feels like it's just been getting deeper and deeper year on year for the past few seasons tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think Cam Newton is the clear cut number 1, but not worthy of a first round pick,

I would still probably have Rodgers shading it over him, with the return of Nelson and, in what was a down year for him, still put up respectable numbers.

Cam has Benjamin back of course, but asking a lot to see a repeat of 10 rushing TDs.

Definitely a lot of value thorughout the QB pool though, I'll likely leave my QB pick till the later rounds, try to pick up a couple of mid level QB's and play according to opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

This year I expect them to rank; Rodgers, Cam, Palmer, Brees, Brady, Luck, Ryan, Wilson, Rivers, BigBen

• Advertisement
Advertisement