Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boi365 IBAN

Options
  • 13-07-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello.
    Had a transfer refused to my BOI account because there was no IBAN number. I was then charged 32 euros for the transfer to be returned. 
    A transfer I made the previous week had no such problems.
    I supplied my transfer agency with the IBAN details and the transfer was finally sent through.
    There is no record of the 32 euros on my online account.
    Can I ask when the IBAN number became a requirement? I got no notice of such.
    Also an explanation for the 32 euro would be much appreciated.
    I did try to email you via 365 but the system keep kicking me out and I'm not sure if my emails are going through.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi FTJ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Since the introduction of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), it is generally a requirement to use the relevant IBAN and BIC/Swift code when sending/receiving payments throughout Europe.

We have contacted our Inward Payments department and they have advised that while we have previously accepted payments without the IBAN & BIC/Swift details in the past, we will no longer be accepting payments that do not have the correct/relevant information. This came into effect approximately 2 weeks ago and notice was issued to foreign banks over the past year to advise of this.

If your last payment was rejected, it is possible that there was a €25 euro charge applied by Bank of Ireland. The remaining amount of €7 may have been charged by the transfer agency or sending bank. It would be best to contact the transfer agency directly as they will have received a ‘reason for return’ and they can advise you further on the charges applied.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FTJ

Thanks Sharon.
    That explains a lot.
    Would rather not have been charged 25 euro for the pleasure but will get in touch with the transfer agency to clarify.
    I don't suppose I could argue the 25 euro charge as I was given no notification of a change in requirements??
    Many thanks

FTJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

FTJ wrote: »
    Thanks Sharon.
    That explains a lot.
    Would rather not have been charged 25 euro for the pleasure but will get in touch with the transfer agency to clarify.
    I don't suppose I could argue the 25 euro charge as I was given no notification of a change in requirements??
    Many thanks

FTJ
    Hi FTJ,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy with the charge. If you’d like to have this matter investigated please see here.

Have a good day and if we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks

Helen

Advertisement