Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skincare routine

Options
  • 13-07-2016 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to what everyone's regular skincare routine is?

I'm 30 and have never really had one. I wash my face in the shower maybe every second day with Simple Moisturising Face Wash. Then I put on my make-up (which I wear nearly ever day), I don't use any moisturiser, just primer. At night, I remove it with Simple baby wipes. (OK I forget to the odd night!)

I have pretty OKish skin, I suffer from psoriasis but rarely much on my face. I have for the most part a healthy diet, don't smoke or drink (anymore!) I take a high dose of Thiamine every day, which I find great for my skin.

Anyways now that I'm (supposedly) a grown-up, I guess it's time to start a proper routine. Are baby wipes really bad? And how necessary is moisturiser ... or should I just keep what I'm doing, as it's working OK for me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

have you ever had a facial?

My routine is as follows:

1. Pre Cleanse - rub on and rinse off
    2. Cleansing gel - rub on and rinse off
    3. Spray small amount of Toner
    4. Moisturise

All Dermalogica - takes me 5 mins twice a day

Wipes are pretty unhealthy for your face!

You'd be better getting a facial and they can prescribe the correct products for your skin... plus its very relaxing and your ski will thank you for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Wipes are not great... I'd replace that with micellar water and cotton wool pads as a starting point.

I exfoliate twice a week.
    I the use a wash off cleanser morning and night (although i take my make up off with micellar water first in the evening)
    I then use eye cream and a moisturiser before bed, and then a moisturiser containing spf50 during the day under my make up.

I'd honestly feel awful if I wasnt cleaning my face properly twice a day (with the exception of when I've had a few too many vino... ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Baby wipes are awful. You don't need a moisturiser every day if you use a gentle cleanser, hot cloth cleansers are very gentle.

I use a gel cleanser, acid toner and serum morning and night. I usually add a moisturiser at night and always wear spf during the day.

I think spf is probably the biggest gap in your skin care, if you do anything, add spf!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I've started using a microfibre cloth as a precleanse. Use nothing with it, maybe il use Clinique take the day of stuff (got sample size) if I've heavy makeup on!
    Then clean wth liquid cleanser. I don't tone! Then serum, eye cream and moisturiser!
    Only started cleaning it in morning the last Week or so! Use micellar water and then a bit of moisturiser. Usually only if I'm putting on makeup though! Need to do that more!
    ExfolIate once or twice a week aswell. Oh and use those glycolic face pads a couple time a week aswell!
    I'm 30 and have started to get fine wrinkles but think there more dehydration lines then anything else! Wanna try catch them early though!

Id at least stop using the face wipes! Use cotton pads and the micellar water! As well As being better for your skin im sure it would be a lot cheaper to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Cleanse, tone, moisturise twice a day-the basics.

I also use serum every evening and an oil before moisturising.

Spf in the morning time too.

Wash your face over the sink, the shower water is too hot for it.

I'd recommend any Clinique cleansers. Bioderma Micellar water is fine as a first cleanse but you need to do a double cleanse in the evening.

Ditch the wipes, only for emergencies.

Some brands I recommend: Trilogy, Clinique, Ziaja, Bioderma, REN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Booo was really hoping the wipes wouldn't be all that bad. :( Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Have a look at Caroline Hiron's website, some good articles on skincare routines:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Morning-
    Cleanse, tone, moisture then if I'm at home for the day I do a treatment oil or something similar.

Evening-
    Make-up be gone by trilogy, cleanser, toner, spray toner, serum, moisturiser.
    Twice a week it's a liquid gold overnight treatment and weekly face masks.

I use glycolic acid twice a day either in toner or serum.

Wipes like nip and fab kale wipes aren't too bad but in general wipes are rubbish .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Morning-
    Cleanse, tone, moisture then if I'm at home for the day I do a treatment oil or something similar.

Evening-
    Make-up be gone by trilogy, cleanser, toner, spray toner, serum, moisturiser.
    Twice a week it's a liquid gold overnight treatment and weekly face masks.

I use glycolic acid twice a day either in toner or serum.

Wipes like nip and fab kale wipes aren't too bad but in general wipes are rubbish .

I've been looking at alpha-h liquid gold, do you really like it? I already use a glycolic 5% toner twice a day, I can't find out what the concentration of this stuff is anywhere, so I don't know if I need it/can justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

GingerLily wrote: »
    I've been looking at alpha-h liquid gold, do you really like it? I already use a glycolic 5% toner twice a day, I can't find out what the concentration of this stuff is anywhere, so I don't know if I need it/can justify it.

It's 10% and I absolutely love it. If I drop it from my routine for a couple of weeks I'll notice my skin starts to get dry and red again.

I use it after a double cleanse at night and replace the acid part of the following morning routine.

This is a good link http://blog.bathandunwind.com/2013/09/11/what-the-heck-is-liquid-gold-and-how-do-i-use-it/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Morning
    M+S hot cloth cleanser
    M+S advance formula toner
    Superdrug serum
    Rosehip oil
    M+S Day moisturiser

Evening
    Same but a night moisturiser

Twice a week I use the Superdrug glycolic cleanser. Most of my stuff is either M+S or Superdrug as I like to buy cruelty free

I also drink shed loads of water. All the above seems to keep my skin in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Morning:
    Freshen up my face with a wipe of Garnier Micellar water on a cotton pad.
    Serum - currently using No7 protect & perfect
    Moisturiser - currently one from Aldi, it's only ok but it's nearly finished
    Eye cream - currently a boots brand one

Evening:
    Take off my make up using Micellar water
    Cleanse - currently using No 7 cleansing lotion
    Serum - as above
    Moisturiser - another one from Aldi, in a red tub, quite like it.
    Eye cream - same as above

Once a week (or once a fortnight) I would use an exfoliator - currently using a Nivea one but I'm not mad about it, it does leave my skin soft after but it feels rough when I'm using it. I might use a facemask once a week or once a fortnight - currently using No 7 Hydration mask when my skin feels really dry, dehydrated and tight, I often leave on overnight. I also use a mask I got in Aldi (another Aldi product!) - La Mara.

Just to add, I don't think they're the absolute best products on market, but for the money, La Roche Posay are just fantastic.

I'm currently using their eyecream and am really happy with it. I think it costs about €17 in boots and is regularly on 3 for 2. The image eye cream I used to buy costs about €40 and I don't feel that its any better.

I use Bioderma micellar water and am really happy with it, but am a bit tempted to try the LRP one.

Just to add, I don't think they're the absolute best products on market, but for the money, La Roche Posay are just fantastic.

I'm currently using their eyecream and am really happy with it. I think it costs about €17 in boots and is regularly on 3 for 2. The image eye cream I used to buy costs about €40 and I don't feel that its any better.

Which eye cream are you using? I started using the tolarine face creams and find them great. Read the tolarine eye cream is good, but it's €20 so don't want to waste money if it's not good.

idunno78 wrote: »
    Which eye cream are you using? I started using the tolarine face creams and find them great. Read the tolarine eye cream is good, but it's €20 so don't want to waste money if it's not good.

Think this is it :)

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Hydraphase-Intense-Eyes-15ml_865582/

its actually €18.50 but I really like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Using a lot of image right now, mostly from the vitamin C range.

Cleanse twice a day.
    Tone
    Moisturise
    Spf
    Exfoliate once a week.
    Use an oil at night.
    Mask once a week.
    Micro needling every few weeks

Think this is it :)

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Hydraphase-Intense-Eyes-15ml_865582/

its actually €18.50 but I really like it.

Have that already! Don't find it brilliant! Much try it out again use it up anyhow! Thanks for reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Hologram

I am all about the moisturising mostly, so I use a lotion with SPF during the day (at the moment good old Olay - I find it fantastic) and I use Clinique Dramatically Different at night (not cheap but so, so worth it - a superb moisturising lotion).

I use a gentle scrub in the shower (like Simple) every few days to give it a deep clean, and I use a cleansing lotion (Boots No7 currently) and a dab of toner in the T zone every so often.

The only thing I would be really rigid about is moisturising. This has been my routine for 12 years and it seems to be the right one for me (combination skin) along with staying out of the sun and drinking plenty of water. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

My routine is as follows:
    AM - Monsia Skincare
    Daily Facial Cleanser (which includes shea butter, jojoba oil and collagen)
    Daily Protection Toner Lotion (with hyaluronic acid & shea butter)
    Intense Moisturizing Day Cream (with SPF15, hyaluronic acid & shea butter)
    PM - Monsia Skincare
    Daily Facial Cleanser (which includes shea butter, jojoba oil and collagen)
    Daily Protection Toner Lotion (with hyaluronic acid & shea butter)
    Intense Night Intense Night Repair Cream apply a liberal amount (with hyaluronic acid, collagen & shea butter)

Advertisement