Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Mortgage

• 13-07-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭

Finally out of NE and may be close to getting under 90% LTV (getting valuation Friday and it will be touch and go I think)
    Now I had thought that getting under 90% was the magic figure to allow me to switch BUT having looked at a few other banks websites it appears it's 80% ?????? if that's the case I may as well forget about it !
    Currently with Ulster Bank and their lovely 4.3% VR. Again I'll get no reduction it seems from them until we get below 80%.
    if that's the case we may as well just take one of their 2\3 year fixed rates cos we won't be anywhere near under 80% for a good while !
    So anyone shed any light on switching with just under 90% LTV ? is it a no go with all banks ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

4.3 is still very high. There is a new lender due to come into the market soon, Frank Money, should have much lower rates. However, 80% is the main number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

dar100 wrote: »
    4.3 is still very high. There is a new lender due to come into the market soon, Frank Money, should have much lower rates. However, 80% is the main number

Thanks for quick reply
    Yes I'm disappointed now . Had thought we may be set free of their high rates :(
    Their 3 year fixed (well it's 3 and a half really till end of December 19) at 3.65% is looking like out best/only option now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Hi km79,
    You can switch your mortgage and borrow 90% loan to value.
    Trish

km79 wrote: »
    Thanks for quick reply
    Yes I'm disappointed now . Had thought we may be set free of their high rates :(
    Their 3 year fixed (well it's 3 and a half really till end of December 19) at 3.65% is looking like out best/only option now

Advertisement