Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting NAMA to suspend a sale. Is it possible.

Options
  • 13-07-2016 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question...NAMA have a property up for sale through a well known estate agent. A number of local voluntary groups in our area would be interested in purchasing the property, but we would have no chance of raising the money in a very short space of time. However given 6-12 months we feel that we have a good chance of getting it.

Now I know NAMA are duty bound to get the best price, and I'm not arguing with that.

But is it possible to get them to withdraw the sale for a given period of time until we get a chance to get the money together.

If that is possible, then how would we go about it? Do we contact Councillors, TD's, to make a representation (or is this interference in a NAMA process). Or would a petition work.

Sorry if the question sounds a bit naieve, but the groups involved are well known in the area and have all a decent reputation, it would be run on a community basis. Also, the property is for sale for a few weeks and I don't think it's that desirable as according to the estate agent there has been little interest in it.

I'm just wondering if anyone can answer the above questions before I go contacting NAMA or someone else.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

You can't force NAMA to hold off. You might be better off making an offer and paying a booking deposit and don't sign a contract until you have the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

4ensic15 wrote: »
    You can't force NAMA to hold off. You might be better off making an offer and paying a booking deposit and don't sign a contract until you have the funds.

They'll have to provide proof of funding so unfortunately that's a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Greybottle wrote: »
    Just a quick question...NAMA have a property up for sale through a well known estate agent. A number of local voluntary groups in our area would be interested in purchasing the property, but we would have no chance of raising the money in a very short space of time. However given 6-12 months we feel that we have a good chance of getting it.

Now I know NAMA are duty bound to get the best price, and I'm not arguing with that.

But is it possible to get them to withdraw the sale for a given period of time until we get a chance to get the money together.

If that is possible, then how would we go about it? Do we contact Councillors, TD's, to make a representation (or is this interference in a NAMA process). Or would a petition work.

Sorry if the question sounds a bit naieve, but the groups involved are well known in the area and have all a decent reputation, it would be run on a community basis. Also, the property is for sale for a few weeks and I don't think it's that desirable as according to the estate agent there has been little interest in it.

I'm just wondering if anyone can answer the above questions before I go contacting NAMA or someone else.

Thanks in advance.

Do you know who the receiver is? Find out, contact them. I doubt a single property is in NAMA per se, much more likely to be in receivership.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Given the challenges of charity fundraising in the current environment, then I suspect your request would be met with some skepticism.

Each new revelation makes it so much harder for voluntary groups to even survive, much less buy properties. Console had a decent reputation until fairly recently.

Sorry to pour cold water and all, but it's a reality you will need to face.

Advertisement