Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Roth

Options
  • 13-07-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's on like Donkey Kong :cool:

Will the records fall this weekend? Will Jan break 7:41:33? There must be huge pressure on him going in to the race. Is he fully fit after his injuries? Lanza would suggest that he is as I'd say the slow down over the 2nd half of the run was deliberate with Roth in mind.

I see Ryf has entered now after her DNF in Frankfurt. Should be a cracking race.

I know Fazz is doing it. Anyone else from these parts racing?

Best of luck to everyone doing it. One of these years I'll make it over there. :D

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I reckon both records could fall this weekend.

Hoping to get in myself next year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ryf is a strange one. obvously fit after pulling out at frankfurt, but still needs to validate for kona which means another race somewhere, which cannot be good for kona. tough to see the thinking of doing this, even if she takes the world record

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Her first year in Kona she did Switzerland followed by CPH a few weeks later. Plus she won the 70.3 worlds after CPH I believe. Not sure she'll have that big a problem validating. Brett is a big advocate of racing by the looks of it. I'd say she'll be in CPH or Sweden in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

pgibbo wrote: »
    Her first year in Kona she did Switzerland followed by CPH a few weeks later. Plus she won the 70.3 worlds after CPH I believe. Not sure she'll have that big a problem validating. Brett is a big advocate of racing by the looks of it. I'd say she'll be in CPH or Sweden in a few weeks.

She probably wont be in Copenhagen

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/organizations/pro-membership/event-registration.aspx#axzz4ENTfzARJ
    8/20/2016 Ironman Sweden - WPRO ONLY P-2000 $50,000 proregistration@ironman.com 7/30/2016
    8/21/2016 Ironman Mont Tremblant P-2000 $100,000 proregistration@ironman.com 7/31/2016
    8/21/2016 Ironman Copenhagen - MPRO ONLY P-2000 $50,000 proregistration@ironman.com 7/31/20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

BTH wrote: »

She is doing Ironman Tremblant, she was on looking to bunk in one of our beds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

conditions need to be perfect for either fav to have chance of breaking the records. Winning times in Roth have varied by upto 30 minutes in recent years in the mens race. I'd say it is unlikely either record will be broken

mossym wrote: »
    ryf is a strange one. obvously fit after pulling out at frankfurt, but still needs to validate for kona which means another race somewhere, which cannot be good for kona. tough to see the thinking of doing this, even if she takes the world record

easy money for her

bopperr wrote: »
    easy money for her

this might be.

bigger picture though.

well, question answered, she is doing zurich a week later.

well, question answered, she is doing zurich a week later.

Where did you see that? This says no decision has been made yet. Hard to see her not doing Zurich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Seems like Brett had an answer to for you.
    http://trisutto.com/why-race-roth/

pgibbo wrote: »
    Where did you see that? This says no decision has been made yet. Hard to see her not doing Zurich

sory, meant to get back to this and completely forgot

https://twitter.com/ThRadde/status/753841951900770304

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

He didn't just do it, but did it with 6 mins or so to spare - if I remember correctly it's 7:35:39! Congrats Sir, nicely played!

Edit: plus, he fell around 120km :)

Some going. #beast

Anyone got a link to the results that doesn't go through the FB site?

Found them here

Cracking showing by Fazz.

Sub 3 marathon for Martin Muldoon and sub 9 overall :eek:

I just watched this. The crowds in Roth are unreal. Man, it looks crazy. Savage support on the course.

I see Will Clarke deleted his tweet about how ridiculous world records are in Ironman. He came across as a right twat with the tweet

well ryf didn't "just" validate at zurich now did she? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone manage to get a spot today?

well ryf didn't "just" validate at zurich now did she? :)

Unreal performances a week apart. She's a machine

• Advertisement
Advertisement