Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling time??

Options
  • 13-07-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi I am one of the recipients of the wonderful price hike letter and reluctantly I'm being forced by Eir to move to anther service provider as it seems to be a case of like the prices or lump it.

Anyhoo, I get since Eir is breaching our contract with this price hike that I am now entitled to withdraw from my contact (I have 5 months left) without penalty but can you tell me why I still have to give 30 days cancellation notice?  why can I just not switch now? It clearly states on the letter that I can do so WITHOUT PENALITY yet when I called to cancel and I about another service provider switching for me, I was told I still had to wait 30 days.

I don't want to wait 30 days! I don't want the hassles that I have to switch full stop but I refuse to pay for services I don't need nor want.

Can you confirm for me that if another service provider tries to switch for me that they will be able to do so and that I won't get given any penalities.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

Could you also help me withdraw from contract. I received one of those letters too. I got  my details taken last week as that department was inundated with calls. They said someone would return my call.  A man called me back yesterday to discuss. 
    When I told him I was switching he said they can leave the line open now for 30 days and to ring them back. Unlike post above I was told I had up until 30th day to switch. Not 30 days notice to give. He didn't tell me where to ring. I also have eir mobile sim only which I want to keep. I was gonna switch to a similar meteor plan which I have already picked. He said he didn't know how that works as he not mobile trained!! Then the call dropped !!. I am at a bit of a loss as to who or where to ring 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Gency wrote: »
    Hi I am one of the recipients of the wonderful price hike letter and reluctantly I'm being forced by Eir to move to anther service provider as it seems to be a case of like the prices or lump it.

Anyhoo, I get since Eir is breaching our contract with this price hike that I am now entitled to withdraw from my contact (I have 5 months left) without penalty but can you tell me why I still have to give 30 days cancellation notice?  why can I just not switch now? It clearly states on the letter that I can do so WITHOUT PENALITY yet when I called to cancel and I about another service provider switching for me, I was told I still had to wait 30 days.

I don't want to wait 30 days! I don't want the hassles that I have to switch full stop but I refuse to pay for services I don't need nor want.

Can you confirm for me that if another service provider tries to switch for me that they will be able to do so and that I won't get given any penalities.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gency,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would not be required to give 30 days cancellation notice however you would be required to contact us within 30 days of the date listed on your price increase letter you received.  [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Should you wish to move to another provider you would need to inform cancellations of your intent to cancel within 30 days and then move your service within this timeframe. You would need to contact cancellations so they can take note of your request and waive any early cease charges that you may occur.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

mmc272 wrote: »
    Could you also help me withdraw from contract. I received one of those letters too. I got  my details taken last week as that department was inundated with calls. They said someone would return my call.  A man called me back yesterday to discuss. 
    When I told him I was switching he said they can leave the line open now for 30 days and to ring them back. Unlike post above I was told I had up until 30th day to switch. Not 30 days notice to give. He didn't tell me where to ring. I also have eir mobile sim only which I want to keep. I was gonna switch to a similar meteor plan which I have already picked. He said he didn't know how that works as he not mobile trained!! Then the call dropped !!. I am at a bit of a loss as to who or where to ring 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]mmc272,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I’m sorry to hear this, sincere apologies for any confusion caused. Your mobile plan would not be affected by the price increase; due to this we would be unable to waive any early cessation charges.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you wish to move your landline and broadband service this would need to be completed within the 30 day timeframe however 30 day notice would not be required. If you need any assistance with this please feel free to PM me.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gency

Hi Pamela, I did contact cancellations before I made this post and I told them I was planning on leaving eir and going to another provider. I asked if I still needed to cancel with Eir or would it be the same for the new provider to do the switch for me.  I was told by cancellations that either way (cancelling myself or the new provider doing the switch) my service still had to remain with Eir till the 13th of August, only then would I be free to be with someone else. I was told by eir, that all eir customers had to give Eir 30 days notice before switching their service.

So today, I am giving permission to Vodafone to switch my service from Eir to them.  I hope that Eir will not put a 30 day hold on me from moving or charge me a penalty for leaving without 30 days notice.  

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

I had the exact same experience when I phoned yesterday, I went through all the options but it was evident I would be saving by switching to Vodafone,i confirmed I wished to cancel with the eir agent who advised I had to give 30 days notice, I specifically asked him to confirm this as the letter just advised I had 30 days to cancel. When I phoned new provider to request a switch they advised 10-14 days. Can someone from eir please confirm what is the exact situation?

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela, I did contact cancellations before I made this post and I told them I was planning on leaving eir and going to another provider. I asked if I still needed to cancel with Eir or would it be the same for the new provider to do the switch for me.  I was told by cancellations that either way (cancelling myself or the new provider doing the switch) my service still had to remain with Eir till the 13th of August, only then would I be free to be with someone else. I was told by eir, that all eir customers had to give Eir 30 days notice before switching their service.

So today, I am giving permission to Vodafone to switch my service from Eir to them.  I hope that Eir will not put a 30 day hold on me from moving or charge me a penalty for leaving without 30 days notice.  
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gency,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There should not be any issues with this; once the service is active with Vodaphone feel free to PM me and I will remove the early cease charges from your account.[/font]

coffeyt wrote: »
    I had the exact same experience when I phoned yesterday, I went through all the options but it was evident I would be saving by switching to Vodafone,i confirmed I wished to cancel with the eir agent who advised I had to give 30 days notice, I specifically asked him to confirm this as the letter just advised I had 30 days to cancel. When I phoned new provider to request a switch they advised 10-14 days. Can someone from eir please confirm what is the exact situation?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]coffeyt,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This will be fine, once your service is active please feel free to PM me and I will remove the early cease charges from your account.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Thanks for that Pamela, what info will I need to pm you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

coffeyt wrote: »
    Thanks for that Pamela, what info will I need to pm you?
    Hi Coffeyt,

You will need to send on your account number in order for Pamela to remove these charges.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭homenotaway

Hi Ciara,
    I've just been on to Eir sales who informed me that I need to give 30 days notice to cancel. Is this correct? (I have eir Talk Off-Peak and Broadband Advanced package)
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Ciara,
    I've just been on to Eir sales who informed me that I need to give 30 days notice to cancel. Is this correct? (I have eir Talk Off-Peak and Broadband Advanced package)
    Thanks.
    Hi homenotaway,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

Yes this would be correct. 30 days notice is required to have your account cancelled. 

-Ciara

Hi Pamela, I called at the end of July to be told my acc was in credit of €118.59, but I would have to wait for a final bill in August to get my refund.

I called Eir on Thursday to be told that my refund would only be €2.90! And they'd issue me a cheque, I couldn't understand how that could be, the girl said there was modem charges and the ECC and went off to ask her supervisor, she came crack and said no those charges had been cancelled and they are now issuing me with a refund of €2.90! 

Well I finally received my final bill today (Friday 26th/16) and low and behold I've been charged a ECC of €115.70! 
    I called today and was told by The agent Ross (who was lovely in fairness) that I had agreed to a new contract the day I called questioning the price hike letter, I said, yes I did with an agent called Claire, but then the next day I called back to say I didn't want it as I realised I was going to be paying for a service I didn't want.  I asked back then if I could cancel and just be a new customer and avail of a new bundle altogether, I was told no that I could only have what they were offering for the extra money, I told the girl that I didn't want that new bundle they offered and I was going to shop around and leave Eir.
    I rang cancellations and cancelled, that's when I made this post to you.
    The agent Ross could see all of those notes but said there was nothing there to say that my ECC fee should be waived.  I explained that the letter said it! He agreed and was understanding but said there was nothing he could do and to ring cancellations on Monday to see if they'd refund me the €115.70. 

I thought I'd get in touch with you as you asked me to if the tried to charge me.

I hope you can resolve this and I don't have to go to Comreg like so many other Eir customers had too.

I will PM you my account details.

Regards
    Gency

Hi Pamela, I called at the end of July to be told my acc was in credit of €118.59, but I would have to wait for a final bill in August to get my refund.

I called Eir on Thursday to be told that my refund would only be €2.90! And they'd issue me a cheque, I couldn't understand how that could be, the girl said there was modem charges and the ECC and went off to ask her supervisor, she came crack and said no those charges had been cancelled and they are now issuing me with a refund of €2.90! 

Well I finally received my final bill today (Friday 26th/16) and low and behold I've been charged a ECC of €115.70! 
    I called today and was told by The agent Ross (who was lovely in fairness) that I had agreed to a new contract the day I called questioning the price hike letter, I said, yes I did with an agent called Claire, but then the next day I called back to say I didn't want it as I realised I was going to be paying for a service I didn't want.  I asked back then if I could cancel and just be a new customer and avail of a new bundle altogether, I was told no that I could only have what they were offering for the extra money, I told the girl that I didn't want that new bundle they offered and I was going to shop around and leave Eir.
    I rang cancellations and cancelled, that's when I made this post to you.
    The agent Ross could see all of those notes but said there was nothing there to say that my ECC fee should be waived.  I explained that the letter said it! He agreed and was understanding but said there was nothing he could do and to ring cancellations on Monday to see if they'd refund me the €115.70. 

I thought I'd get in touch with you as you asked me to if the tried to charge me.

I hope you can resolve this and I don't have to go to Comreg like so many other Eir customers had too.

I will PM you my account details.

Regards
    Gency
    Hi  Gency,

Thanks for your PM, I am looking into this and will be back to you tomorrow.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela, 

I called today and cancellations/loyality agreed it was an error and it would be refunded.  They passed me on to customer services to complete it and after a lot of huffing and puffing with them insisting that I would have to wait on another final bill they eventually agreed they would issue out my refund straight away and gave me a cheque ref. Number.

So I hope that this has been done, if you could check and confirm it, that would be great.  

Thanks

Hi Pamela, 

I called today and cancellations/loyality agreed it was an error and it would be refunded.  They passed me on to customer services to complete it and after a lot of huffing and puffing with them insisting that I would have to wait on another final bill they eventually agreed they would issue out my refund straight away and gave me a cheque ref. Number.

So I hope that this has been done, if you could check and confirm it, that would be great.  

Thanks
    No problem  Gency I'll check this, can you PM me the cheque reference number please?

-Pamela 

Advertisement