Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitor setup, that I can plug any laptop or chromebook into ?

Options
  • 13-07-2016 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to have a dual monitor setup with a universal docking station, in such a way that I can easily plug in any laptop or chromebook and use the dual monitors, and perhaps whatever laptop / chromebook I'm using as a third screen.

I also want to add decent speakers, keyboard and mouse to the setup.

Any recommendations / brands for this set up, including anything else I'll need special cables etc ?

Also what size monitor's would work well ? I don't need anything too large, but I'd like fairly good quality and resolution. Recommended sizes / brands ?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A chromebook probably won't work for this, they arent designed for enthusiast/power users.

Displaylink.com own the patents to USB3 displays, they're sold under several brands. If you just want browser windows on three displays then they're perfect. Monitors+Keyboard+Mouse+Power into DisplayLink device, USB3 from it to laptop, job done.

Advertisement