Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Air Cork Airport

Options
  • 13-07-2016 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how likely it is that Ryan air will offer to check in hand luggage for free at the check in desk ? Flying in a few weeks. I know Aer Lingus seem to offer all the time now but wondering if anyone has experience of Ryan air .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Just wondering how likely it is that Ryan air will offer to check in hand luggage for free at the check in desk ? Flying in a few weeks. I know Aer Lingus seem to offer all the time now but wondering if anyone has experience of Ryan air .

I'm not sure about the check in desk but it's likely they will offer to check it in for free as you queue to board. I have flown with them twice this year and it was announced both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

If you are checking in a bag they will ask if you want to check thru your hand luggage. They do it for any flight that has over 140 people travelling(which is most of their flights). If they dont get enough bags at check in they get them at the boarding gate. I dont think they can take a bag at check in if you dont already have one checked in tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Depends on the flight I'm guessing. If the flight is nearly full they will offer. If only half full they don't. Seems to be the pattern anyway with aer Lingus that I have noticed. Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ludo wrote: »
    Depends on the flight I'm guessing. If the flight is nearly full they will offer. If only half full they don't. Seems to be the pattern anyway with aer Lingus that I have noticed. Open to correction though.

They look for 1 bag for everybody over 140 on the flight, it saves a lot of time with people looking for spaces in the overhead bins for them. Pretty much every ryanair from cork has a minimim of 145/150 and most are pretty much full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

If you have a bag to check then they usually offer to take the cabin baggage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thanks for all the replies

Advertisement