Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corralejo

• 13-07-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi our family, 2 of us and 3 kids ( 10, 5 and 3) are looking at booking Corralejo for next summer. We haven't been there before. We're looking at Las Marimas or Oasis Dunas. The Las Marimas looks the nicer apartment but entertainment doesn't seem great. Can anyone tell me if there is any entertainment at night in the town for families. We're not going to out all night but would looking to stay out until 11sh.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Stayed in Las Marismas a few years ago and really liked it. I don't know if they have two bedroom apartments though.

Pool and grounds are gorgeous, didn't find the food up to much at all so don't do half board or AI if that's what you were thinking!

Plenty of entertainment around Corralejo, there's plenty of bars along the strip with bands playing etc and you can always pop into other hotels for their entertainment too, however it's remarkably quiet particularly if you're used to any of the resorts on the other Canary Islands.

As for other things to do, there's a water park directly across the road from Las Marismas. The main beach (with the Dunes) is great. Sea can be a little choppy so be careful with the younger kids, although there's a beachright on the edge of the resort (about 5 mins walk from Las Marismas) where the water is much calmer. Google Waikiki Beach Club and you'll see it. A trip to Puerto del Rosario is a decent enough way to spend a half day but there's not much to it really other than a busy working port and a commercial centre. Hiring a car and going exploring is always worth it I reckon. Plenty to see and some excellent resorts on the Southern tip of the Island too. We hired a car for three days there and pretty much covered off everything we wanted to see.

From Corralejo you can also get a ferry to Playa Blanca on Lanzarote, but I'd only do it for the boat trip and some time at sea with an opportunity to perhaps see some dolphins. PB itself is nice enough, another resort to see I guess. Don't waste money bringing your hire car over though, you really won't need it. You can walk from Las Marismas to the dock!

Another tip for Fuerteventura is in the name of the island. STRONG winds! It really whips up there and is the reason there are the huge sand dunes. It gets blown every where!

Advertisement