Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rifle storage

• 14-07-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have not renewed my club subscription as u have taken a break from shooting for a while due to other commitments.

My firearms licence is up is there any firearms dealers that would store it for me until I have time to take up shooting again.

Or would it be possible to let a firearms dealer try and sell it, anyone know of any firearm dealer that would do this.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Some dealers will store firearms, but for a fee. Some may also agree to take the guns to sell, but again for a fee.

As long as you don't mind the fee, and agree on the price before doing anything, then it should be simple enough.

If your licenses are up shortly, or now, then get this done asap. When you have the guns in storage take pictures of them and stick up adverts here too. Will speed up any sale if that is the route you are taking.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Would it not be a cheaper option to just renew your license. It will cost you €80 for 3 years which I imagine would be a lot cheaper than paying storage on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Would it not be a cheaper option to just renew your license. It will cost you €80 for 3 years which I imagine would be a lot cheaper than paying storage on it.

+1 to this, dealers got stung the first time around with the 3yr Licence when lads didn't want to pay the €80 having previously been paying €6 for the vermin Licence. A ton of firearms were handed into dealers for storage (for free) until they decide they wanted the guns back.
    Since then you see dealers charging for storage. Down around me it varies from€10-20 per month.

Easier to just pay the Licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

He'll have to get a range membership or deer stalking too............................

He'll have to get a range membership or deer stalking too............................

Why he hasn't mentioned what the firearms are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    Why he hasn't mentioned what the firearms are.
    itsme1284 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have not renewed my club subscription

& he has this up for sale

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94898155&postcount=1

You'll never make a detective :p

If you stalk deer as good us you stalk us on here, they don't stand a chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

I am no longer a member of a range, so can't renew the licience.
    Il ring around tomorrow and see if there are any dealers willing to try and sell it.
    Anyone know a a dealer who would do this and how would that work

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Can you give us an area? County even.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭itsme1284

Cass wrote: »
    Can you give us an area? County even.

I'm in Tipperary area

• Advertisement
Advertisement