Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tweed wedding suits

• 14-07-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Been looking loads online to try and find anywhere which has a collection but can't really find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of something I can see in a brochure online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Been looking loads online to try and find anywhere which has a collection but can't really find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of something I can see in a brochure online?

I think you might find it difficult until the autumn/winter stuff starts to come in. Tweed isn't really a summer fabric. I looked on the Magee website (which is the standard for tweed suits) and it's all linens etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Probably not a cheap option but Magee Tweed from Donegal have a shop in Dublin and also a concession in Arnotts I think.

https://www.magee1866.com/?PartnerID=4&gclid=CjwKEAjw8Jy8BRCE0pOC9qzRhkMSJABC1pvJt5jh_ZzOgbtspj87R4hBYLyKvlX1SnqUaapNvigg2BoC3VHw_wcB

I did see a mix of tweed and linen on their website, but their sale is on now so they're probably making room for new stock fairly shortly.

Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

Probably not a cheap option but Magee Tweed from Donegal have a shop in Dublin and also a concession in Arnotts I think.

https://www.magee1866.com/?PartnerID=4&gclid=CjwKEAjw8Jy8BRCE0pOC9qzRhkMSJABC1pvJt5jh_ZzOgbtspj87R4hBYLyKvlX1SnqUaapNvigg2BoC3VHw_wcB

I did see a mix of tweed and linen on their website, but their sale is on now so they're probably making room for new stock fairly shortly.

Whats your budget?

Cheers, would prefer to hire something but struggling to find anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Got mine from Brook travener they do codes for 55% off.

M&S have some

Moss bros have some.

That's the high st Shop's other wise it's mega expensive.

I found one place in the uk that rents them in Scotland but it was cheaper to buy a jacket and get the trousers off the shelf than rent it for one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Would say you'd be doing very well if you found a tweed to rent as they're not your run of the mill. If you're interested in buying herbie frogg is worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 adohar

Have you considered a vintage tweed suit? My OH got a great one in Siopaella and Eager Beaver has lots of tweed jackets, trousers and waistcoats - haven't seen a suit there but equally I wasn't looking for one. Might be worth a look.

Advertisement