Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the tap water cloudy

Options
  • 14-07-2016 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having dodgy looking water come out their taps. Having paid for my water I would have expected nothing but Ballygowen, not this slop. Not good enough, it simply will not do. Anyway my taps are running night and day until the problem clears, how long will that be. Anyone in the know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Anyone else having dodgy looking water come out their taps. Having paid for my water I would have expected nothing but Ballygowen, not this slop. Not good enough, it simply will not do. Anyway my taps are running night and day until the problem clears, how long will that be. Anyone in the know?

Uh, no, my water is not cloudy.

Did you phone the utility and tell them, seeing as you are fully paid up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Could just be bubbles in it. Does is settle clear?
    Running all your taps is not the solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Ballygowen? Really?
    Where are you? It's most likely a localised, temporary issue. If not, ring your supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

Same here around the train station area. Generally it comes from works/maintenance which stirs up sediment and makes the water cloudy. With water treatment protocol the water is safe to drink. No boil notice in place for my area anyway and I noticed that if I let it sit in the glass long enough it clears - sediment. Running your taps non stop until it clears might be tempting but it's so wasteful and won't help.

Advertisement