Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank Current Loan Timeline

• 14-07-2016 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for a loan with Ulster Bank recently, I bank with them, have mortgage with them and salaries etc paid to them, 4 weeks ago today I applied for a loan, it was approved, 6 days later I sent back my credit agreement and direct debit mandate, 2 weeks after that I got a phone call to confirm my details on my original application and now to date, heard nothing, no phone call, no letter, and worst of all no funds transfered, I've read that everyone is being met with "we have a back log of applications" when any contact is made. Has anyone similar experiences recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for a loan with Ulster Bank recently, I bank with them, have mortgage with them and salaries etc paid to them, 4 weeks ago today I applied for a loan, it was approved, 6 days later I sent back my credit agreement and direct debit mandate, 2 weeks after that I got a phone call to confirm my details on my original application and now to date, heard nothing, no phone call, no letter, and worst of all no funds transfered, I've read that everyone is being met with "we have a back log of applications" when any contact is made. Has anyone similar experiences recently?

Seems so:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057611118

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

Did you hear anything back yet James?
    We applied couple of weeks ago, bank with them so they just wanted my job contract and proof of payslips as it's new job. Sent that in, heard nothing at all, partner rang & they told him application had expired. Told us if we just reapplied the application would reopen where it left off, stuff went back in 2 Friday's ago & still nothing from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesmcilroy

TMM12 wrote: »
    Did you hear anything back yet James?
    We applied couple of weeks ago, bank with them so they just wanted my job contract and proof of payslips as it's new job. Sent that in, heard nothing at all, partner rang & they told him application had expired. Told us if we just reapplied the application would reopen where it left off, stuff went back in 2 Friday's ago & still nothing from them.

Very similar story, eventually got a text from them saying application had expired so rang them up and told them I had no phone call or letter from them, when they checked application they said oh yes that was approved at start of July and they don't know what happened or why the funds weren't transfered, they couldnt re install previous application so again was told to re apply and call them back with new reference number and they would link the applications.

Instead of waiting for new contracts in post I went into branch last Wednesday to sign forms to "speed" up the process. As of yet still nothing. If I get a chance I'll ring them again later on today and will update with my current situation. Not a great experience as a "valued" customer but what can you do.

Very similar story, eventually got a text from them saying application had expired so rang them up and told them I had no phone call or letter from them, when they checked application they said oh yes that was approved at start of July and they don't know what happened or why the funds weren't transfered, they couldnt re install previous application so again was told to re apply and call them back with new reference number and they would link the applications.

Instead of waiting for new contracts in post I went into branch last Wednesday to sign forms to "speed" up the process. As of yet still nothing. If I get a chance I'll ring them again later on today and will update with my current situation. Not a great experience as a "valued" customer but what can you do.

We were sent a text aswell which we didn't recieve.
    If they continue messing us around we are just going to move all accounts to AIB as our mortgage is with them as UB would only offer us 20,000 of a mortgage.
    Hope you get sorted soon!

We were sent a text aswell which we didn't recieve.
    If they continue messing us around we are just going to move all accounts to AIB as our mortgage is with them as UB would only offer us 20,000 of a mortgage.
    Hope you get sorted soon!

Yeah, similar story here too but the other way round, myself an wife were with aib but it was ulsterbank who gave us our mortgage 5 years ago or so so we switched over to them. First time looking for finance from them, aib were brilliant before ring them up, had money in account often next day. But will see how things go from now on, only thing about AIB now is the astronomical account charges they were often €50+ each a quarter.

• Advertisement

Missed a call while in a meeting yesterday afternoon. Eventually got back through to them after 5, they were looking for more information that they didn't ask for first time round. Wanted to know what other loan amounts we had (a small CU loan & mortgage), she wanted statements for them until she realised they came out of our account. Then wanted to know what certain payments were, bins & life insurance. Double checked what the loan was for, and now apparently that will be passed to the processing team and there should be no further questions? How long it will take from there I have no idea.

Missed a call while in a meeting yesterday afternoon. Eventually got back through to them after 5, they were looking for more information that they didn't ask for first time round. Wanted to know what other loan amounts we had (a small CU loan & mortgage), she wanted statements for them until she realised they came out of our account. Then wanted to know what certain payments were, bins & life insurance. Double checked what the loan was for, and now apparently that will be passed to the processing team and there should be no further questions? How long it will take from there I have no idea.

Strangely enough almost exactly same story, I rang around half 5 yesterday evening to be told I was i the call list for today, he then asked the same 1 question that was asked around 5/6 weeks ago and was told thanks that's all we need then it was approved without my knowledge an never transfered, so back to same stage as before now, they were mostly unhelpful when i was looking for answers to why this is going on over and over again for 8+ weeks so guess we'll just have to wait an see how it goes again now!

You would also imagine that declaring your loans should be sufficient instead of supplying statement as everything is recorded with the ICB and all information regarding loans held, payment history etc is available from them when they credit check you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I had the exact same experience applying for a small personal loan with UB earlier this year.

Online application, followed by weeks of chasing them, followed by being told the application had expired after they said it had been approved.

Eventually went into the branch and met with a very helpful customer relations person who had the loan approved and in my account by the end of the day.

So for future reference, branch > online!

I had the exact same experience applying for a small personal loan with UB earlier this year.

Online application, followed by weeks of chasing them, followed by being told the application had expired after they said it had been approved.

Eventually went into the branch and met with a very helpful customer relations person who had the loan approved and in my account by the end of the day.

So for future reference, branch > online!

That's amazing isn't it, you think you're doing well by using online facility :rolleyes:. I'll call in if hear nothing today or tomorrow.
    AIB online mortgage facility was brilliant, only had to go into bank once.

• Advertisement

Update from me, I've since rang a further twice to be told I was on a call list for the same day to asked the same question that has now been answered 4 times, so obviously no one reads these files or does anything with them after you've spoken to them, the application has apparently been sent back to processing team with "priority" marked on it, and apparently I'll get a call or text within the next 2 days (I rang wednesday & thursday) so I presume next Friday at earliest I'll ring them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

I bank with Ulster Bank and they are useless. Can't get a remortgage with them can't get a loan. Good credit history have no problem with loans from CU ... Actually don't know why I'm still banking with them.. have a debit card credit card and savings account all linked. I suppose it comes down to switching done it once from PTSB to Halifax when they closed moved to Ulsterbank couldn't be bothered with all the hassle.

Further update:

Rang again yesterday evening to hear that it was in its final stages of processing whatever that is, will ring again this morning an post hopefully a conclusions! Turnaround to date is starting point 15th June 2016 - 3rd August 2016! That's some snappy decisions right there!

Further update:

Rang again yesterday evening to hear that it was in its final stages of processing whatever that is, will ring again this morning an post hopefully a conclusions! Turnaround to date is starting point 15th June 2016 - 3rd August 2016! That's some snappy decisions right there!

Glad to hear you're possible getting somewhere James!
    I rang too, girl that answered was on hold to processing herself for 15 mins but I waited. I was told I will be called today or tomorrow by processing team. Had her confirm three times that they will definitely call me & I won't have to chase.
    Hope you get answer today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Homer

Crazy to see how long your particular case has taken James.. Just as well you didn't need it for something urgent or to pay for your holiday etc!! Had something similar with Permanent TSB and in the end told them to jog on and went to the credit union who we also have a good relationship with. Credit union had funds transferred within 48 hours.

Homer wrote: »
    Crazy to see how long your particular case has taken James.. Just as well you didn't need it for something urgent or to pay for your holiday etc!! Had something similar with Permanent TSB and in the end told them to jog on and went to the credit union who we also have a good relationship with. Credit union had funds transferred within 48 hours.

It seems to be a very common thing by reading and hearing from many other people, it's purely out of stubbornness that I'm sticking with it after the initial cock up from there side that they admitted, but process had to start again. I'm not Overy in a hurry but my boss has sourced me a car which does need payed for so hopefully it'll all get wrapped up today other wise I'll be off to credit union too I'd say.

Just checked my diary and see I had wrote post loan form in the first week of June so we applied beginning of June/end of May possibly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Doolittle51

I had a similar experience with them about a month ago. Applied for a car loan online. It took a week for the forms to arrive in the post. In the meantime I rang them to see if I could speed up the process as I had put a deposit on the car and was keen to get it all sorted. They said I could go to a branch to sign the forms. Went down straight away to my nearest branch. The girl at the counter was fairly useless god love her, had trouble using a printer. (not the first time I've encountered UB cashiers who can't use a printer..)

After signing the forms I rang back the next day to chase the application. They confirmed that they received the forms but they hadn't been processed yet. Also they now informed me that they needed a utility bill & ID. So another trip to the branch was needed. (I've been banking with them for nearly 30 years, but still they need ID and proof of address???)
    At this stage I was fairly annoyed with the whole process. I kept getting through to the same girl in customer service. A combination of bad phone lines and poor linguistic skills made it a nightmare trying to understand her. Oh and she cut me off once too.

A colleague of mine was also buying a car & banks with AIB. He applied for a similar loan and had the money in his account in less than a day.
    The garage I bought the car from had offered me finance, but I initially told them I would look after it myself. After a week of getting nowhere with UB, I rang the garage & they said they could get me the same rate etc. The only details they needed were my address, DOB, net salary & employers detials. He rang me back they next morning - my application had been approved in under 3 minutes!

I'm only keeping my current account with UB because I get free bank charges. They have become utterly useless over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

I got my loan after about 3-4 weeks after sending in documents. Rang them every 4 days during that period to see what was up and was told backlog and sorry. When the money arrived they asked me did I want to complain to their complaints dept so I said ok. A week later got apology lettter and they put €50 into account as a goodwill gesture.

Still nowhere!!!!

Rang again this morning was told that another error on there part that the processing team in India never opened email correspondence with the bank for last 2 weeks, asked to talk with supervisor or manager, was put on hold and told they would have an answer for me within 1-2 hours, having expressed my concern about the lack of communication recieved on any of these matters i was assured that id be rang, the clock is ticking.........

• Advertisement

Still nowhere!!!!

Rang again this morning was told that another error on there part that the processing team in India never opened email correspondence with the bank for last 2 weeks, asked to talk with supervisor or manager, was put on hold and told they would have an answer for me within 1-2 hours, having expressed my concern about the lack of communication recieved on any of these matters i was assured that id be rang, the clock is ticking.........

That's ridiculous! I was hoping you'd have good news today. I'm supposedly getting a call today but not holding out much hope now.

Well with 12 minutes to spare and the first time in their career I suspect, they rang a customer back. The money will be in my account within 24hrs.......I have my suspicions!
    That's ridiculous! I was hoping you'd have good news today. I'm supposedly getting a call today but not holding out much hope now.

All done an dusted and funds transfered. Turnaround time 15th June to 4th August, numerous phone calls and 2 application later. Best of luck TMM12 with the rest of your application, may it be resolved very soon. Thanks for other comments guys much appreciated.

Advertisement