Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeater Status,

• 14-07-2016 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

The list of repeaters that is on IRTS website, are they ever confirmed if they are all working?

I live reasonably close to Hill of Allen, Co. Kildare but never heard the repeater and its been on my scan list for years. I can pick up the repeaters Mt Leinster, Kippure, Cavan (sometimes) and 3 Rock , but never the Hill of Allen one, yet its listed on IRTS web site.

Any ideas if its working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭thelordgod

I've never heard it myself travelling through Kildare. If you can't open it from your QTH then I would think it is off air. That list is of licensed repeaters which of course may or may not be operational. You could email the listed repeater keeper who I would imagine should have the definitive answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

No it's not on air any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a thread here to a new, non IRTS list. It seems most up to date:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619579

There is even anomalies to the list, where I know one repeater is "on test" for years at a persons own home, as it was removed from the old site. To be fair to the operators they normally keep them up and running for nothing, and usually no-one gives them any money, and just complain when it is off air.

From what I know of the hill of allen, the guy now lives outside the country. I am not sure if it ever was on air, although I was up the mast!

The IRTS list of clubs, and repeaters is woefully out of date. I asked for the clubs list to be updated, and they said they would look at the matter again. They said some "clubs" did not want to be de-listed as they wanted to exist to keep the name/callsign alive. Special event callsigns are often given to "clubs" and repeater licences can only be given to "clubs" so some of the clubs have always been in name only. I think if a club is not meeting at least once a month, then it should not be listed.

South Dublin Radio Club meet every week, and there is always a good 10 to 20 people. See you there:
    http://www.southdublinradioclub.ie

Advertisement