If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40"+ 4K Freesat Saorview TV

Options
  • 14-07-2016 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

The LG42lf7700 I got off you back in 2010 has decided to pack it in so I'm looking for a replacement.
    Have the LG freesat guides improved in the latest models?  What Samsung models are Freesat these days?
    Budget would be 1k max.

Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dos30 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

The LG42lf7700 I got off you back in 2010 has decided to pack it in so I'm looking for a replacement.
    Have the LG freesat guides improved in the latest models?  What Samsung models are Freesat these days?
    Budget would be 1k max.

Thanks 
    Hi dos30,

If you are looking to stick with LG a good replacement would be the LG 49UH770:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/49uh770v/lg-49uh770v

This is a great 4K TV with built in Freesat. Unfortunately I don't have much experience of the LG Freesat operating system however going by the Humax Freesat the operating systems have come a long way since 2010. The LGs are very user friendly. This TV is running at £899 however, one I would recommend that is just above the budget is the Samsung UE49KS7000:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue49ks7000/sams-ue49ks7000

This is a Premium HDR TV with a fantastic panel and much more comprehensive smart hub than the LG. It also has Freesat built in.

Let me know if either are of interest to you.

Kind Regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Hi Guys,

Budget would be 1k max.

Thanks 
    Hi dos30,

If you are looking to stick with LG a good replacement would be the LG 49UH770:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/49uh770v/lg-49uh770v

This is a great 4K TV with built in Freesat. Unfortunately I don't have much experience of the LG Freesat operating system however going by the Humax Freesat the operating systems have come a long way since 2010. The LGs are very user friendly. This TV is running at £899 however, one I would recommend that is just above the budget is the Samsung UE49KS7000:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue49ks7000/sams-ue49ks7000

This is a Premium HDR TV with a fantastic panel and much more comprehensive smart hub than the LG. It also has Freesat built in.

Let me know if either are of interest to you.

Kind Regards

David
    Thanks David,

That's a bit over budget though, what price would you do for me on the Samsung UE4*KU6400 range?

Regards,

Hi,

No problem, it depends what size you are looking for but the UE49KU6400 is coming in at £699 with a free 6 year guarantee. There is also a 40" version at £599 but if you are upgrading from a 42" TV this may look a lot smaller than the older one.

Kind Regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Thanks David, 

How much is delivery to Limerick on the UE49KU6400?

Thanks David, 

How much is delivery to Limerick on the UE49KU6400?
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, the store has been very busy today!

Delivery to Limerick on that TV would be £6.99. It's usually shipped from our main warehouse and should be with you in 3-5 working days.

If you want to go ahead with that drop me a PM (via Kenny) with your contact details and I can get that sorted for you.

Kind Regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.