Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

I wonder will IF be at the ploughing this yr, handing out discounts like they did before..

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

MorganIRL wrote: »
    I wonder will IF be at the ploughing this yr, handing out discounts like they did before..
    I was down there today they're not on the exhibitor list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭webpal

Was it not Stena? Don't think they did last year.

Maybe it was 2 yrs ago
    webpal wrote: »
    Was it not Stena? Don't think they did last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

Cork-Santander and Cork-Roscoff(economie) times, dates and fares are now on Brittany ferries website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Latest reply from IF.

Our 2019 fares remain to be finalised at the moment. I'm afraid I have no indication of a date for the release. If you wish to receive notification when we open up sign up here - https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/offers/France2019-register-interest

Might interest some people. Never stayed with this group but this is a good offer and they seem to offer a grandparent deal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Might interest some people. Never stayed with this group but this is a good offer and they seem to offer a grandparent deal also.

They seem to be on the ball infairness to them. I’ve never stayed with them but the mobile homes always look in good shape and Reps are always available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They seem to be on the ball infairness to them. I’ve never stayed with them but the mobile homes always look in good shape and Reps are always available.

I worked with them in my youth, great little company. Lots of folk go year in year out with them. I've found them to be generally more expensive but the quality was always there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We have done 2 camping holidays ever...both with Kelair.

Always found them very helpful, good mobile homes, great reps.

Edit: just read the T&C, and you only get a 2nd home free up to 28th June. Considering that is likely the end of the school term, most people would not be able to avail of the deal, unless they take the kids out of school early.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    We have done 2 camping holidays ever...both with Kelair.

Always found them very helpful, good mobile homes, great reps.

Edit: just read the T&C, and you only get a 2nd home free up to 28th June. Considering that is likely the end of the school term, most people would not be able to avail of the deal, unless they take the kids out of school early.

It attracted me cause this is the time of yr we go, due to busy work commitments during main summer months. Has anyone else used them recently, a 2 for 1 offer will be seriously attractive, but sites are ones that haven't got my attention b4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It attracted me cause this is the time of yr we go, due to busy work commitments during main summer months. Has anyone else used them recently, a 2 for 1 offer will be seriously attractive, but sites are ones that haven't got my attention b4

We were in Vilanova Park in the Costa Dorada region in July.

A great campsite, would thoroughly recommend it. Think it was one of the campsites that has the 2-for-1 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I worked with them in my youth, great little company. Lots of folk go year in year out with them. I've found them to be generally more expensive but the quality was always there.

I stayed with them in Benodet and I can't say I'd agree they had quality on their side. The mobile was old and much shabbier than other offerings on the site.

We only used them that once mind. We book directly now with campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Got an email offer from Brittany Ferries this morning. 20% off accommodation and 15% off ferries for next summer. Must be booked by end of October though. Mentions both sailings to Roscoff and to Santander.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

I got the same email, unfortunately the discounts are only applicable if you book both ferry and accommodation and I’m only looking for the ferry as I travel with my own caravan. I have decided to just go shead and book the ferry for May 2019 as I’m just fed up of waiting for Irish Ferries to publish details for 2019 sailings..... I went with Brittany Ferries for the first time in September and I must say that the departure and arrival times are great for my needs more than compensates for the extra travel to Cork. I have always used Irish Ferries in the past.

Does anyone know if stena lines allows a partial cancellation?

We’d usually take Irish ferries back on Saturday but their fares/times are not up yet and I’m slightly paranoid ...

Newonhere wrote: »
    I have decided to just go shead and book the ferry for May 2019 as I’m just fed up of waiting for Irish Ferries to publish details for 2019 sailings.....

If we didn't have so much in Tesco Vouchers (due to not going to France this year) we would do the same but we are just going to have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

ellee wrote: »
    Does anyone know if stena lines allows a partial cancellation?

We’d usually take Irish ferries back on Saturday but their fares/times are not up yet and I’m slightly paranoid ...

I have made a Stena booking for 2019, I booked the Flexi ticket. Their online portal will allow you to change your booking in anyway, I could change my booking to a one way booking with little difficulty. The only charge is €3 per cancelled leg of the booking.

Thank you Manshay. I've booked a return on Stena for now. Will see what Irish Ferries comes up with whenever they get around to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Irish Ferries really is running behind at this stage aren't they.
    The only positive I can see is that maybe it will launch with good deals when it does launch because they have some awareness of the annoyance to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Irish Ferries really is running behind at this stage aren't they.
    The only positive I can see is that maybe it will launch with good deals when it does launch because they have some awareness of the annoyance to people.

You would wonder what’s going on. I suspect that there must be some serious issues with the WB Lates. Even on their website there is no bookings available for 2019 between Ireland and France - nothing for the existing vessels (OW and Epsilon). As far as I know it was expected to be used on the Irish Sea during winter season so you’d imagine if it was available it’d be in operation at this time.

I follow IF on Facebook and they have replied to other people saying that 2019 Schedule and Pricing will be available mid-Oct.
    Also have replied saying WB Lates will arrive on late 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sillysu

Booking a camping holiday in France for the first time for two adults and 4 kids. Looking at a particular campsites with two different agents and the prices are a few hundred Euro in the difference, so I'm sceptical. The agents are Eurocamp and Yelloh village????? Has anyone ever used Yelloh Village? Any issues with them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

sillysu wrote: »
    Booking a camping holiday in France for the first time for two adults and 4 kids. Looking at a particular campsites with two different agents and the prices are a few hundred Euro in the difference, so I'm sceptical. The agents are Eurocamp and Yelloh village????? Has anyone ever used Yelloh Village? Any issues with them? Thanks

We have used most of them over the years and went with Yelloh village this year. We found them great TBH. No messing on arrival and the mobiles were top notch and spotless. We stayed at their Le Littoral campsite this year and it worked out a good bit cheaper than the other operators on site, and will definitely go with them again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

If it was me the first thing I'd look for is the kids clubs. The Eurocamp kids clubs are excellent, I personally would pay slightly more if it meant we had access to the Eurocamp kids club. However we went to Les Mouettes a couple of years ago which is a Yelloh village, we booked with Eurocamp but there was no Eurocamp kids club on site, the kids weren't overly impressed with the Yelloh kids club.

If it was me the first thing I'd look for is the kids clubs. The Eurocamp kids clubs are excellent, I personally would pay slightly more if it meant we had access to the Eurocamp kids club. However we went to Les Mouettes a couple of years ago which is a Yelloh village, we booked with Eurocamp but there was no Eurocamp kids club on site, the kids weren't overly impressed with the Yelloh kids club.

Totally agree blazing saddler, we have four boys from 5 to 12 and want to keep them entertained, so a kids club is priority. What is the main difference in Eurocamp and Yelloh kids clubs? Was actually looking at Les Mouettes, so might rule that one out. Also looking at La Baume campsite, South of France. Ever heard of that or can you recommend any good parks with waterslides? Thanks so much, my heads melted!!!!!!!!!!

We have used most of them over the years and went with Yelloh village this year. We found them great TBH. No messing on arrival and the mobiles were top notch and spotless. We stayed at their Le Littoral campsite this year and it worked out a good bit cheaper than the other operators on site, and will definitely go with them again this year.

Would you recommend Le Littoral for kids? Have four boys and need waterslides, kids clubs and activities to keep them busy. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

For that age group I would highly recommend domaine-des-ormes
    Totally agree blazing saddler, we have four boys from 5 to 12 and want to keep them entertained, so a kids club is priority. What is the main difference in Eurocamp and Yelloh kids clubs? Was actually looking at Les Mouettes, so might rule that one out. Also looking at La Baume campsite, South of France. Ever heard of that or can you recommend any good parks with waterslides? Thanks so much, my heads melted!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

La Baume is in Frejus, and while I've never stayed there, we have been to Frejus. There is an Aqualand and a Luna Park in the town, which most kids will love. For me it's one of the best places in France to stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Would you recommend Le Littoral for kids? Have four boys and need waterslides, kids clubs and activities to keep them busy. Thanks.

Absolutely, the kids clubs were the best we've seen in the 8 years going to France and there are plenty of activities organised outside the kids club. There is usually something on for kids from morning to evening.

Advertisement