Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

SusanC10 wrote: »
    What days are the Sailings from Dublin to Cherbourg and return ?
    Can't seem to get into the IF website.

Thanks in advance

I'm having issues getting back in onto the website again too. The dates I was looking at were as follows

ex Dublin on the 4th 6th 8th 10th etc of july leaving at 16.00 and arriving 11.00 the following day
    ex cherbourg on the 19th 21st 23rd 25th 27th July leaving at 1700 and arriving back at 10.15 on the following day

Regards

D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

What days are the Sailings from Dublin to Cherbourg and return ?
    Can't seem to get into the IF website.

Thanks in advance

From Dublin:

Tue Thurs Sat till 25th of May then every 2nd day until the first week off September..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Will IF run the Oscar Wilde to/from Rosslare on other days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Will IF run the Oscar Wilde to/from Rosslare on other days ?

That's the 10 million dollar question, couple of different responses to questions on their Facebook page

Hi Phil,

At this point in time, we are just releasing our Dublin-Cherbourg schedule for the new WB Yeats ship, which we know is our most in-demand route. Please watch our website for further updates on all our other 2019 schedules.

With regard to the €150 discount, can you please send us a PM with your email address so I can verify that this has been allocated?

Hi,

Irish Ferries can you please confirm the Oscar Wilde schedule from Rosslare will be released before Christmas? We have sailed with you for the past 10 year's along with many very loyal customers on here. Please do the decent thing and let us know what's going on.

Hi,

I'm afraid that I don't have any information on the Rosslare sailings - we only have the Dublin/Cherbourg schedules at this time.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Any info on the WB itself, so used of the OW I know it like the back of my hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just had a look at the costs for the Yeats. It is at least €150 quid more than last year (when we didn't get to sail on it and ended up landbridging on our return trip from France), they have some stones trying to pull a scam like this. I'd say they are not releasing the OW timetable to try to boost the bookings for the Yeats. We've used them for ten years but I don't think we'll be using them in 2019 if we do decide to head to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Booked Stena as a contingency with their recent sale. Like for like to book travel on the same dates with the current 10% off applied and the €150 discount the booking would still work out at 30% more expensive than Stena.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Just tried the IF website for an Ireland - France return trip in July and it returns no options whatsoever.

Teething problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Irish Ferries becomes ‘Best Ferry Company’ for the 12th consecutive year

26 Nov 2018 2018-irish-travel-trade-news-winners.jpg26th November 2018 – Irish Ferries has been named the ‘Best Ferry Company’ for the 12th consecutive year at the annual Irish Travel Trade Awards, which took place in Dublin over the weekend.
    The highly prized Irish Travel Trade Awards recognise and reward excellence in product and service as voted by Irish travel agents, North and South.
    The accolade means that Irish Ferries continues to hold the two leading ‘Best Ferry Company’ titles from the Irish travel trade, having also been awarded the top honour at the 2018 Irish Travel Industry Awards earlier this year.
    Irish Ferries is the leading ferry operator to and from the Republic of Ireland. Over the last number of years, it has invested over €450 million in new fleet and port facilities and has the most modern fleet in Europe.
    Accepting the award, Dermot Merrigan, head of passenger sales at Irish Ferries said:
    “We are honoured to receive this award, which we believe is an acknowledgement of a strong partnership with the Irish travel agent sector, which independently voted on the award.
    “The award also recognises the work we have been doing and the investment we have made over many years to improve the standard and quality of service, to ensure we continue to offer the best possible customer experience.”

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Yeah, I'm trying to price up, keeps on freezing! But 4 berth cabin with window is 230 and I've to get a window cabin to accommodate a travel cot, 10 euro! OW was usually around 160 ish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭yellow76

Over 1100 euro for us for June. We usually pay 600 max on OW.

Time to start a new relationship with Stena I think.

Irish ferries website seems to have crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

What a disappointment so far from IF...where was that advance email!

jay0109 wrote: »
    What a disappointment so far from IF...where was that advance email!

I think they are starting off by setting/establishing their desired pricing. Some people who are keen to try the new ship and/or don't have much wiggle room on dates and/or are nervous about not having their ferry crossing booked already will accept the higher pricing and book but once that initial rush of bookings is complete and assuming IF still have plenty of spare capacity on the WBY it wouldn't surprise me to see some time limited offers or flash sales.

Much as I'd like to try the new ship I'm not going to pay a significant premium over Stena or Brittsny Ferries to do so.

I booked IF yesterday evening. WBY had our exact dates so no need to change the Campsite plus Dublin is much closer to us than Rosslare or Cork. Also, we have so many Tesco Tokens as we didn't go to France last year that we were only going to be paying the €100 in cash anyway. And we won't be going on the Ferry in 2020.

Btw - the 4-Bed Cabin with Window was showing as €169 for me both outbound in June and return in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

I booked IF yesterday evening. WBY had our exact dates so no need to change the Campsite plus Dublin is much closer to us than Rosslare or Cork. Also, we have so many Tesco Tokens as we didn't go to France last year that we were only going to be paying the €100 in cash anyway. And we won't be going on the Ferry in 2020.

Btw - the 4-Bed Cabin with Window was showing as €169 for me both outbound in June and return in July.

As you were using the Tesco vouchers, were you able to avail of the discount?

nirvana78 wrote: »
    As you were using the Tesco vouchers, were you able to avail of the discount?

Yes, but only on the phone. I couldn't get website to work properly so I phoned them. Was on hold for a while but eventually got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I think they are starting off by setting/establishing their desired pricing. Some people who are keen to try the new ship and/or don't have much wiggle room on dates and/or are nervous about not having their ferry crossing booked already will accept the higher pricing and book but once that initial rush of bookings is complete and assuming IF still have plenty of spare capacity on the WBY it wouldn't surprise me to see some time limited offers or flash sales.

Much as I'd like to try the new ship I'm not going to pay a significant premium over Stena or Brittsny Ferries to do so.

Spot on, it’s yield management. They have only put WBY on sale first at a high price and now OW. People who have to /really want to will pay the top prices. If they don’t sell enough they can drop prices, if demand is high keep the fares high.

They don’t care about the issues this year or the late release for 2019. If they can get 1500 per return they will.

Good to know they're allowing the Tesco vouchers and the discount. I'm not bothered about sailing on the WBY so I'll hang on to see what the OW comes in at. Glad you got yours booked though SusanC10!

Good to know they're allowing the Tesco vouchers and the discount. I'm not bothered about sailing on the WBY so I'll hang on to see what the OW comes in at. Glad you got yours booked though SusanC10!

If we didn't have all those Tokens I would be waiting too tbh. We didn't go this year and I think there is a real jump in price since 2017 for roughly the same dates.

I was thinking that maybe the prices are dearer because it's a newer ship and a bit fancier?? Hope that's the case and then the OW would be cheaper :)

• Advertisement

I was thinking that maybe the prices are dearer because it's a newer ship and a bit fancier?? Hope that's the case and then the OW would be cheaper :)

I would imagine so.
    Friends of ours are going roughly at same time as us. They are going to wait for OW. Only concern is the Dates and not matching with the already-booked campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

IF seriously pissing me off now, I assume they've only released the WBY schedule so they can assess demand, or sell more of the overpriced fares in advance before they release the Rosslare schedule. Getting tempted to cancel the campsite and go do something else next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

IF will force peope into flydrive and hire bikes.

They are charging extorionate prices. AS people have said, testing the demand and then dropping the fares for Rosslare route?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Deeman83 wrote: »
    IF will force peope into flydrive and hire bikes.

They are charging extorionate prices. AS people have said, testing the demand and then dropping the fares for Rosslare route?
    Well people still have other options - BF, Stena or Landbridge. So IF can't behave as if they have a monopoly on the car ferry option.

I think the ferry or fly/drive choice is down to other factors.

I'll be sticking with my exiting Stena lines booking which is €962 return Vs the WBY €1,372. I'm not paying a €440 premium for the WBY despite the potential convenience of leaving and departing from Dublin rather than Rosslare as I'm based in Dublin.

Can we expect IF to keep the OW on the Rosslare to Roscoff route during the summer and announce that timetable and fares later on or are IF now just committed exclusively to the WBY on the Dublin -> Cherbourg route for summer 2019?

I personally prefer arriving into Roscoff ut am agnostic as to which port we come home from.

Can we expect IF to keep the OW on the Rosslare to Roscoff route during the summer and announce that timetable and fares later on or are IF now just committed exclusively to the WBY on the Dublin -> Cherbourg route for summer 2019?

That is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Well when they sold tickets for it last year they were the same price as the OW. I've priced under 800 for Stena and brittany.

Well when they sold tickets for it last year they were the same price as the OW. I've priced under 800 for Stena and brittany.

Oh, that doesn't give me great hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Not booking at these prices but just checking the prices.
    My sailings in late June (out) back (early July) are 575 each way + 139 for cabin each way + 5.40 admin fee = 1,433.4.
    When I go to the next page where extras are added in, the running total has jumped from 575 each way to 639 and the 5.40 fee to 6.00. A discount now appears of 10% = 156.20 giving a new total of 1,405.80

What's behind the 54e increase each way from 1 page to the next!!! A glitch in the system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I personally prefer arriving into Roscoff ut am agnostic as to which port we come home from.

I can’t see IF giving up the Rosslare route and if they were we would surely have heard about it by now. The OW will need to make money for the company in 2019 so you can be sure they will announce the rosslare dates soon, however they would really need to hurry up as it’s getting late. I reckon they’re trying to push people into the WBY so they can recoup some of their 2018 losses.

I still expect there to be some deals coming up in the new year. We hope to bring the caravan this year so are expecting to pay a bit more for the ferry but I don’t want to have to drive all the way from South Tipp to Dublin with it when we have a port in Rosslare.

Advertisement