Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

We're booked to go on the WBY end of June at a cost of €1370 that was for Ford S-Max, 1 adult, 3 children aged 4, 5 & 14 in a four bed outside cabin. Would anyone care to share how much they've paid to travel over Easter? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

nirvana78 wrote: »
    We're booked to go on the WBY end of June at a cost of €1370 that was for Ford S-Max, 1 adult, 3 children aged 4, 5 & 14 in a four bed outside cabin. Would anyone care to share how much they've paid to travel over Easter? Thank you

I'm paying €930 for the same itinerary in July with Stena from Rosslare and was hoping to get a better deal around now (as I have done in previous years) when IF/Stena/Brittany did last minute flash sales on unsold capacity but with last years IF fiasco and questions over the WBL being ready for summer it seems to me that Stena and Brittany have more or less sold out and IF are loath to discount fares on their new cruise big bog standard ferry just yet.

Bring back the 2014 LD Lines deal which got us all the way to St Nazaire in comfort (same as the Stena Horizon and by the sounds of it not far off the new WBL) for €168 each way for an SUV + 4 people and a 4 berth cabin with window!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

W B Yeats, out 15nt August, back 28th.
    2 adults + 1 child, 5 berth motorhome 8 metres long, 3 star 3 berth cabin with no windows, Euro 810.

I'm paying €930 for the same itinerary in July with Stena from Rosslare and was hoping to get a better deal around now (as I have done in previous years) when IF/Stena/Brittany did last minute flash sales on unsold capacity but with last years IF fiasco and questions over the WBL being ready for summer it seems to me that Stena and Brittany have more or less sold out and IF are loath to discount fares on their new cruise big bog standard ferry just yet.

Bring back the 2014 LD Lines deal which got us all the way to St Nazaire in comfort (same as the Stena Horizon and by the sounds of it not far off the new WBL) for €168 each way for an SUV + 4 people and a 4 berth cabin with window!!!

That's some difference in price. I wasn't overly gone on the Stena boat, I was just being fussy but when you see the savings in black and white it really makes you think again.

Based on my earlier post about the price of an Easter sailing on WBY, can anyone advise me how much they've paid for an Easter sailing Rosslare to Roscoff with Stena Line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

nirvana78 wrote:
    Based on my earlier post about the price of an Easter sailing on WBY, can anyone advise me how much they've paid for an Easter sailing Rosslare to Roscoff with Stena Line?

Stena don't go to Roscoff.

First Up wrote: »
    Stena don't go to Roscoff.

That's ok, my favourite site is 2 1/2 hours from either port so that will do 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Nirvana, I mentioned on an earlier post that there is a 10% off offer at the mo. if u had originally paid for the flexibility offer u can save money. I had pd €1248 for 2A 3K(8/6/2) 4 bed outside leaving on ferry on 18th June for 10days. Rebooked and it cost €1008. Lost out on speedy exit on 2nd booking but that's the only difference.

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Nirvana, I mentioned on an earlier post that there is a 10% off offer at the mo. if u had originally paid for the flexibility offer u can save money. I had pd €1248 for 2A 3K(8/6/2) 4 bed outside leaving on ferry on 18th June for 10days. Rebooked and it cost €1008. Lost out on speedy exit on 2nd booking but that's the only difference.

Lesson learnt, I didn't do that because I never thought of it that way. I just thought my dates are unlikely to change so I won't bother with the flexibility option. Thank you for educating me. I'm trying to get an idea for a short trip Easter next year, I'll be doing the flexibility option from now on 😉

Great to see there is actually a kid play area on the WB Yeats! What floor is it on does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Do you still have to queue to get a cabin key when you get on with stenna ,or do the use key cards now

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Lesson learnt, I didn't do that because I never thought of it that way. I just thought my dates are unlikely to change so I won't bother with the flexibility option. Thank you for educating me. I'm trying to get an idea for a short trip Easter next year, I'll be doing the flexibility option from now on 😉

U might still save money. Friends of ours that are going with us still saved over a €110 and they hadn't the flexibility option pd. They lost the €100 deposit but still saved.. money in ur pocket is better than anyone elses.. I got the same education last yr from another poster on here 😭... Missed out on saving a few quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks like the WBY is going to be delayed departing from Cherbourg today because of the storm. Waiting at check in.

According to one of the passengers already boarded. They were told at check-in that there's a 5hr delay on departure and the WBY won't arrive tomorrow until 8pm (instead of 10.15am) - so it looks like an extra 5hrs at sea also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

gandalf wrote: »
    According to one of the passengers already boarded. They were told at check-in that there's a 5hr delay on departure and the WBY won't arrive tomorrow until 8pm (instead of 10.15am) - so it looks like an extra 5hrs at sea also.

Yep, I’m about to board... We were told departure is 10pm and arrival is 9pm tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Yep, I’m about to board... We were told departure is 10pm and arrival is 9pm tomorrow :(

That's crap - it happened to us before in Cherbourg on the OW but it was so rough at the time I was happy to stay in port and enjoy a few drinks - the boat left after midnight and arrived at 6pm the next evening - so you might get there quicker than they're saying depending on how it is out at sea.

Just told the same, waiting to drive on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pretzill wrote: »
    That's crap - it happened to us before in Cherbourg on the OW but it was so rough at the time I was happy to stay in port and enjoy a few drinks - the boat left after midnight and arrived at 6pm the next evening - so you might get there quicker than they're saying depending on how it is out at sea.
    I'd be happier to stay at port a few extra hours this evening than end up in the middle of that storm. Not much they can do about he weather tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Happened to me on the OV there too a few years ago. Broke free and the pedestrian gangway collapsed. They had tugs keeping us pushed onto our moorings...for a day and a half;). Was a grand break:):) was on a booze cruise

In the bar, the kid is being amused by the magician and I'm being amused by tiger beer 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

In the bar, the kid is being amused by the magician and I'm being amused by tiger beer ðŸ˜

Ha, I’m on the Guinness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Boardsie meet up ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ha, I’m on the Guinness :D

You'll be sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

In the bar, the kid is being amused by the magician and I'm being amused by tiger beer 😁
    Is there live music like the OW had? Other performers?

jay0109 wrote:
    Is there live music like the OW had? Other performers?

Yeah, the cheesy cabaret on the OW was good fun. The kids loved it. I think it only ran during high summer but I'd be amazed if IF didn't do something similar on the WBY.

Getting in tonight at 22:30, it's been a long haul and IF are going to have to restock the bistro with plates after the breakages this morning 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

First Up wrote: »
    Yeah, the cheesy cabaret on the OW was good fun. The kids loved it. I think it only ran during high summer but I'd be amazed if IF didn't do something similar on the WBY.

Looks like yesterday's sailing is still waiting to dock in Dublin. Live music would be the last thing I'd want to hear on what looks to be a 30 hour sailing. Poor passengers must be well.fed up by now.

Looks like yesterday's sailing is still waiting to dock in Dublin. Live music would be the last thing I'd want to hear on what looks to be a 30 hour sailing. Poor passengers must be well.fed up by now.

Naw we're ok we missed the worst of the weather so it's cool. I feel sorry for the French going on holidays, they've lost a day.

Pretzill wrote:

Yes, people just want to get off and go home but I don't think any ship or on-board programme would be able for those conditions. A real endurance test.

At least the crew will have seen how it deals with extreme conditions; you can't simulate that. Hopefully they learn from it.

• Advertisement

Looks like we're sailing around in circles outside Dublin port. Tbh it's pretty poor showing by Irish Ferries given how long everyone has been on the boat.

Advertisement