Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 VintageJelly

No news is good news on the Cork ferry thats due to resume action from the 14th. I've got an email when I enquired. It stated that they hoped it'd be back in action for the 14th.
    Has anyone else heard anything?
    There’s an update on their website. I don’t seem to be able to copy and paste it in here. It sounds reassuring though- sounds as though it’ll be back in action for the 14th. It was just stating that from the 14th, sailings between Plymouth, Roscoff and Santander will have altered times to those originally stated. I presume this is because they’ll be down one engine so will have to go slower. There doesn’t seem to be any changes to Cork - Roscoff times though

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭feedthegoat

Heading to Les Charmettes in four weeks, have 2 days to pass in or around Paris on the way home. Any advice on where to stay or see, 2 pre teen boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

There’s an update on their website. I don’t seem to be able to copy and paste it in here. It sounds reassuring though- sounds as though it’ll be back in action for the 14th. It was just stating that from the 14th, sailings between Plymouth, Roscoff and Santander will have altered times to those originally stated. I presume this is because they’ll be down one engine so will have to go slower. There doesn’t seem to be any changes to Cork - Roscoff times though

Thanks I'd seen that so I'm more hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Heading over next weekend and just found out that Renne is now a Crit Air city. Anyone know what the lead time to getting one is? And do they send a confirmation email that I can use if needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crank Stain

Heading over next weekend and just found out that Renne is now a Crit Air city. Anyone know what the lead time to getting one is? And do they send a confirmation email that I can use if needed?

I got one last year and it took less than a week to arrive by post. If I recall correctly once you register and order you get a print out to use until the sticker arrives. I didn't need it as the sticker artived so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I think mine took about a week but can't remember exactly. I don't recall anything useful coming by email. Its a sticker with a bar code for your windscreen so it has to come by post.

I got one last year and it took less than a week to arrive by post. If I recall correctly once you register and order you get a print out to use until the sticker arrives. I didn't need it as the sticker artived so quickly.

Did that come from the cil-insa email address? I don't think I got one but I wasn't in a mad rush and got the sticker in plenty of time.

I got an invoice and proof of purchase from noreply@certificat-air.gouv.fr. I don't recognise the email you mention.

It was a PDF version of the eventual letter with the sticker attached. So it's a PDF of the sticker really.

It was a PDF version of the eventual letter with the sticker attached. So it's a PDF of the sticker really.

OK, I might have got the same but I must have deleted it when I got the hard copy.

Anyway, it sounds like it can be done in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Cheers all. Will order as soon as I get home and find the logbook.

• Advertisement

Cheers all. Will order as soon as I get home and find the logbook.

I remember I had to zip the file as it was larger than the limit on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone know if a Crit Air Cert is needed if you're just skirting around Rennes (A84->N136->N137), skirting around Nantes (E3->N84->A83) and not stopping until well south of Nantes?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Would imagine it's just needed for going into the towns not for motorway use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

I ordered one on the 8th May. Still hasn’t arrived. I did receive the PDF on the 10th which you can print out.

westgolf wrote:
    Would imagine it's just needed for going into the towns not for motorway use ?

Pretty sure its just in the city centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭webpal

54&56 wrote: »
    Anyone know if a Crit Air Cert is needed if you're just skirting around Rennes (A84->N136->N137), skirting around Nantes (E3->N84->A83) and not stopping until well south of Nantes?
    Yes it's fine, see link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

on the countdown. 2 weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Anyone else supposed to be sailing on the Pont Aven this Saturday and getting slightly nervous?

Well I am, purely because I was led to believe that the hydraulic rudder works were due to take place in dry dock in Brest whereas every time I check the ships location she hasn't moved from the same quay wall since she arrived there back in May.

I want to be optimistic but it's all suspiciously very quiet.

Give them a call and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

3 weeks for us.

Did alot of the shopping for it this weekend.

Just need to book car park for the airport and then it be all sorted.

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    Give them a call and ask.

They're not answering phones. I got onto them on Twitter and all they're saying is the latest information they have is the Pont Aven is due to resume service in the 14th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyone else supposed to be sailing on the Pont Aven this Saturday and getting slightly nervous?

Well I am, purely because I was led to believe that the hydraulic rudder works were due to take place in dry dock in Brest whereas every time I check the ships location she hasn't moved from the same quay wall since she arrived there back in May.

The ship in dry dock beside them entered on the 28th of May and is getting a refurb scheduled to last 2 weeks.
    https://www.cruiseline.co.uk/Seven-Seas-Navigator-Enters-Drydock

So perhaps Pont Aven is next?

We're due to travel on 22nd on Pont Aven and I'm half expecting it to be cancelled.

It is suspiciously quiet and if you try booking for any of the following 3 weeks all the sailings are suspiciously full.

The boat can carry 2400 passengers and all sailings are full but none of them are worried that the boat is out of action and the company can't be contacted.

Even if the boat sails on 15th you'd probably get good odds on it not sailing on 22nd.

If the Pont Aven is to travel from Cork on 15th and it's been on a shipyard in France for the last month, it will need to test the rudder before sailing to Cork on 14th and will have to restock food/drink etc, at some stage too.

Surely that will take a day or 2, so it should be on the move tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

If the Pont Aven is to travel from Cork on 15th and it's been on a shipyard in France for the last month, it will need to test the rudder before sailing to Cork on 14th and will have to restock food/drink etc, at some stage too.

Surely that will take a day or 2, so it should be on the move tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Ya I'm thinking the same and that's not even taking into account sea trials to test out the repair work that's taken place.

Worried.

They are still taking bookings for the sailing from Roscoff on the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

2 days to go for us. Sailing at 4 on Wednesday.

Weather ain't the best at the moment over there but what about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

They're not answering phones. I got onto them on Twitter and all they're saying is the latest information they have is the Pont Aven is due to resume service in the 14th of June.

Getting worried myself. I got the same stock answer as you from a Twitter DM that’s it expected to resume service on the 15th.

For anybody on here that has been cancelled over the last few weeks, on what day of the week did BF contact you to say your sailing was cancelled the following Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Only just back from Le Liitoral, and thoughts already turning to next year as we try to get over the depression of the holiday being over...

After two years there (eurocamp last year, tent this year) we're ready to branch out (and 10 and 11 probably the max I'd recommend Le Littoral, despite being a great place with great staff).

Looking at going a bit further south for next year - search on here is throwing up Saint Avit Loisirs. Any one have thoughts on how it would fair with an 11 and at that stage nearly 13 year old girls? We'd be going independently, so wouldn't have any eurocamp clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Deeman83

Spent some time in Rennes last year and this is the first I have heard of this :eek:.

I am assuming they dont bother with non French Registration Plates?

Advertisement